|Adrian and Head Chef Marsha in the kitchen.|
- The Real Wine Fair lands in Ireland!
- Cask Brings Top London Drinks Lab to Cork for One ...
- Cork Penny Dinners set to benefit from MII's "The Ringmasters Ball"
- MONTENOTTE AFTERNOON TEA CELEBRATES ALL THINGS COR...
- Mescan launch the first of the ‘Seven Virtues’ bee...
- SUPERVALU LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE GRAHAM NORTON IRISH GIN...
- VALENTINE’S WEEKEND IN THE MARBLE CITY
- Gold Award for Cahernane House
- PREM GROUP LAUNCHES NEW DIGITAL MARKETING COMPANY: SPRINT DIGITAL
- Franciscan Well hosts the First Beer Festival of 2...
- KINSALE GIN Partners with BARRY & FITZWILLIAM.
- Fundraising event in aid of West Cork Animal Welf...
- Barnabrow House Gourmet Evening. Just in time for Valentine's!
- ORSO WELCOMES IN 2019 WITH €19 PRIX FIXE MENU
- COME FOR DINNER, STAY FOR FREE! At the Nox Hotel G...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Blog Policy
- Top Posts, last 12 months
Cork’s Vienna Woods Hotel Appoints New Executive Head Chef
~ Cork’s Finest Family Run Hotel Appoints New Executive Head Chef ~
~ Chef Adrian Hillgrove head’s up kitchen at Fitzgerald’s Vienna Woods Hotel following €1m renovation investment
Corkman Adrian Hillgrove has been appointed as the new Executive Head Chef at Cork's much-loved Vienna Woods Country House Hotel. This exciting appointment comes on the back of a €1million investment to renovate all guest rooms and suites in the family-run 48-bedroom property.
The renovation project has also delivered upgrades to the hotel’s meeting spaces and technology offering to meet the hotel’s growing demand as a travel and business destination. The work, which is almost complete, has given the 18th century property a sumptuous yet vibrant fresh look. Adrian's appointment to further enhance the hotel’s quality food offering, together with the recent investment, will dovetail to reposition the already thriving 4-star hotel as a deluxe country house.
An experienced head chef and graduate of Cork Institute of Technology's Culinary Studies, Adrian’s career highlights include working at Rick Stein’s flagship eatery ‘The Seafood Restaurant’ in Cornwall. Back on home soil, Adrian, who hails from Bishopstown, Cork, has previously worked as executive head chef at the Montenotte Hotel, as a chef at Man Friday’s Restaurant in Kinsale for five years, as well as The Bosun, Monkstown and Clifford’s Restaurant in Cork city.
Adrian is passionate about the use of seasonal, local produce and leads what he describes as 'an all-star team of 14 hand selected chefs' at Vienna Woods. The renowned chef, who in his spare time is a keen fisherman, loves to work with fresh seafood and is already incorporating some signature seafood dishes into his new menus. Some of his favourites include the French classic Black Sole with meuniere butter and his own special signature seafood tasting board (pictured).
Adrian’s role as Executive Head Chef at the Vienna Woods Country House Hotel means he oversees the food offering at the hotel restaurant, 'Mabel Crawford's Bistro,' where all dishes are freshly cooked to order. He also plans to give special care and attention to delivering the highest quality food for the hotel’s wedding and events, an area for which Vienna Woods is already renowned. He will also be responsible for the hotel's breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner room service menus.
Commenting on his appointment, chef Adrian said: “My career to date has seen me cook in some exemplary establishments in both the UK and Ireland and I am excited to join team at Vienna Woods Country House Hotel. My aim is to create modern and appealing menus with a focus on local produce, seasonality and taste that will further enhance the hotel’s positive reputation as a dining destination. I’m fortunate to have a very strong team behind me in the kitchen, with the excellent Marsha O’Carroll as head chef. As a team, we all share a desire to fulfil the needs and expectations of the customers and delight them with high quality delicious tasting food.”
Michael Magner, owner and manager of The Vienna Woods Country House Hotel, said: “Because Vienna Woods is family run, everything we do is personal, we go the extra mile because we truly care. I am delighted to welcome Adrian onboard to lead our kitchen team as I know that his food passion is as strong as our care for our guests. I have faith that his talent and experience will take us to the next level and help in our aim to offer an unrivalled guest experience.”
For more see