|Adrian and Head Chef Marsha in the kitchen.|
- SuperValu announces Spectacular Italian Wine Sale....
- COACH HOUSE OPENS AT KILLARNEY'S CAHERNANE HOUSE H...
- FYFFES IRELAND INTRODUCES NEW REDUCED-PACKAGING BA...
- Fourth annual Clonakilty Street Carnival launches ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Chris Bullzini surveys Cork city ahead of his brea...
- Award-Winning Blacks Brewery & Distillery Launch U...
- The Taste, Walk & Talk of the Town!
- BOISDALE OF BISHOPSGATE LAUNCHES the £90 omelette
- Evening with experts in cooperage, beer, whiskey, wine & pizza
- Richy's Celebrating 18th Year in Clonakilty
- Backyard at Blas takes to the road this spring, su...
- Top Posts, last 7 months
- Kinsale Mead Co. wins Gold again!
- Cork Businesswoman of the Year Awards Shortlist An...
- INTRODUCING “TEA TIME” AT CONRAD DUBLIN
- French Wine Evening. Dillon’s Restaurant 21st May
- Monkstown wine + dine collaboration starts on a hi...
- HIKE AND HERITAGE AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL, KILLAR...
- DRONES, COWS & WOWS – CORK SUMMER SHOW 2019
- Blog Policy
Cork’s Vienna Woods Hotel Appoints New Executive Head Chef
~ Cork’s Finest Family Run Hotel Appoints New Executive Head Chef ~
~ Chef Adrian Hillgrove head’s up kitchen at Fitzgerald’s Vienna Woods Hotel following €1m renovation investment
Corkman Adrian Hillgrove has been appointed as the new Executive Head Chef at Cork's much-loved Vienna Woods Country House Hotel. This exciting appointment comes on the back of a €1million investment to renovate all guest rooms and suites in the family-run 48-bedroom property.
The renovation project has also delivered upgrades to the hotel’s meeting spaces and technology offering to meet the hotel’s growing demand as a travel and business destination. The work, which is almost complete, has given the 18th century property a sumptuous yet vibrant fresh look. Adrian's appointment to further enhance the hotel’s quality food offering, together with the recent investment, will dovetail to reposition the already thriving 4-star hotel as a deluxe country house.
An experienced head chef and graduate of Cork Institute of Technology's Culinary Studies, Adrian’s career highlights include working at Rick Stein’s flagship eatery ‘The Seafood Restaurant’ in Cornwall. Back on home soil, Adrian, who hails from Bishopstown, Cork, has previously worked as executive head chef at the Montenotte Hotel, as a chef at Man Friday’s Restaurant in Kinsale for five years, as well as The Bosun, Monkstown and Clifford’s Restaurant in Cork city.
Adrian is passionate about the use of seasonal, local produce and leads what he describes as 'an all-star team of 14 hand selected chefs' at Vienna Woods. The renowned chef, who in his spare time is a keen fisherman, loves to work with fresh seafood and is already incorporating some signature seafood dishes into his new menus. Some of his favourites include the French classic Black Sole with meuniere butter and his own special signature seafood tasting board (pictured).
Adrian’s role as Executive Head Chef at the Vienna Woods Country House Hotel means he oversees the food offering at the hotel restaurant, 'Mabel Crawford's Bistro,' where all dishes are freshly cooked to order. He also plans to give special care and attention to delivering the highest quality food for the hotel’s wedding and events, an area for which Vienna Woods is already renowned. He will also be responsible for the hotel's breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner room service menus.
Commenting on his appointment, chef Adrian said: “My career to date has seen me cook in some exemplary establishments in both the UK and Ireland and I am excited to join team at Vienna Woods Country House Hotel. My aim is to create modern and appealing menus with a focus on local produce, seasonality and taste that will further enhance the hotel’s positive reputation as a dining destination. I’m fortunate to have a very strong team behind me in the kitchen, with the excellent Marsha O’Carroll as head chef. As a team, we all share a desire to fulfil the needs and expectations of the customers and delight them with high quality delicious tasting food.”
Michael Magner, owner and manager of The Vienna Woods Country House Hotel, said: “Because Vienna Woods is family run, everything we do is personal, we go the extra mile because we truly care. I am delighted to welcome Adrian onboard to lead our kitchen team as I know that his food passion is as strong as our care for our guests. I have faith that his talent and experience will take us to the next level and help in our aim to offer an unrivalled guest experience.”
For more see