- PINEAPPLE-TO-GO FOR CORK CITY SHOPPERS
- A TASTE OF WEST CORK FOOD FESTIVAL WELCOMES AUSTRA...
- Summer time food is delicious at Cliff House Hotel
- Experience the best of Cork Food with Good Food Ir...
- Cask Opens For Weekend Brunch
- The Fem-Ale Festival Coming Next Month
- Waterford Harvest Festival All Set To Shine Again ...
- TULFARRIS HOTEL AND GOLF RESORT, BLESSINGTON, CO. ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- SEASONAL DELIGHTS AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL
- Mauro Colagreco’s Mirazur is No.1 as The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019 are revealed
- SUPERVALU REVEAL CORK ARE THE MOST ADVENTUROUS BBQ...
- €300,000 FUNDING AWARDED TO FOOD PRODUCERS IN CORK...
- World's Top Restaurants 51-120
- Flavour.ie Pops Up with Grub N Dub Club in West Cork!
- Richy's Launch New Menu
- MAKE IT FEEL LIKE A SUMMER THAT NEVER ENDS AT LYRATH ESTATE
- Alfie Byrne’s is ‘smoking hot’ this summer!
- Sea Change: Ireland’s largest free maritime festiv...
- Top Posts, last 10 months
- Blog Policy
- Sogrape takes majority stake in Liberty Wines
Cask Opens For Weekend Brunch
Cask Opens For Weekend Brunch
Local-ingredient brunch favourites and innovative summer-inspired cocktails can now be enjoyed by the iconic waterfall in Ireland’s most awarded cocktail bar.
Cask on MacCurtain Street in Cork’s vibrant Victorian Quarter has unveiled a new weekend brunch offering just in time for the summer season. Cask is the place to be for weekend brunch in the city, serving up quality food, cutting-edge drinks, and eclectic tunes in a unique venue with one of the most stunning outdoor areas in the country.
Bryan McCarthy, head chef at Cask, said, “For the brunch menu at Cask we wanted to keep it simple, offering no-frills brunch favourites with the focus firmly on the quality of the ingredients which we’ve sourced from some wonderful local producers. We’re delighted with how it has turned out and we think people are going to love it.”
The menu sees brunch classics elevated by the use of local, quality ingredients, including Eggs Benedict on Toasted Honey Spelt Bread; Potato, Black Pudding and Beef Hash with Baked Eggs; Avocado Toast with, Bacon, Tomato, Rocket and Poached Eggs; and French Toast with Killahora Apple Syrup and berries. Lighter dining options include Granola with Natural Yogurt and Berry Compote, and Smoked Salmon with Scrambled Eggs and Chives.
Brunch dishes can be enjoyed alongside some of Cask’s innovative nature-inspired cocktail menu - a seasonal menu which changes every twelve weeks and is based around which wild ingredients are available to pick and forage. Dishes pair wonderfully with the light fragrant flavours on Cask’s new Summer Menu which launches this week. “Our new cocktail menu is inspired by the flavours of summer such as gooseberry, honeysuckle, peach leaf, and meadowsweet,” said Andy Ferreira, bar manager and chief mixologist.
Andy adds, “In recent years brunch as a concept has really taken off so we were excited to introduce it to Cask, but making sure to put our own unique spin on things. We’ve combined delicious food and a fun and intriguing drinks menu with the great craic that we’ve become known for - a killer combination!”
Brunch is available from 10:00am - 3:00pm every Saturday and Sunday.
Cask is also open daily for lunch and dinner from 12:30pm - 10:00pm.
Cask is located at 48 MacCurtain Street in Cork’s Victorian Quarter, next door to Hotel Isaacs and Greenes Restaurant.
The official website is www.caskcork.com. Stay up-to-date with the latest news by following Cask on Facebook and Instagram @CaskCork, and Twitter @Cask_Cork.