- FYFFES IRELAND INTRODUCES NEW REDUCED-PACKAGING BA...
- Fourth annual Clonakilty Street Carnival launches ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Chris Bullzini surveys Cork city ahead of his brea...
- Award-Winning Blacks Brewery & Distillery Launch U...
- The Taste, Walk & Talk of the Town!
- BOISDALE OF BISHOPSGATE LAUNCHES the £90 omelette
- Evening with experts in cooperage, beer, whiskey, wine & pizza
- Richy's Celebrating 18th Year in Clonakilty
- Backyard at Blas takes to the road this spring, su...
- Top Posts, last 7 months
- Kinsale Mead Co. wins Gold again!
- Cork Businesswoman of the Year Awards Shortlist An...
- INTRODUCING “TEA TIME” AT CONRAD DUBLIN
- French Wine Evening. Dillon’s Restaurant 21st May
- Monkstown wine + dine collaboration starts on a hi...
- HIKE AND HERITAGE AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL, KILLAR...
- DRONES, COWS & WOWS – CORK SUMMER SHOW 2019
- Franciscan Well Adds to its Award-Winning Range wi...
- Brunch & Beats comes to Cork’s Crawford & Co
- Blog Policy
Backyard at Blas takes to the road this spring, supporting emerging food producers
Backyard at Blas takes to the road this spring supporting Ireland’s emerging food producers and bringing along some of the industry’s leading experts
Always a popular addition at the annual Blas na hÉireann Irish Food Awards in Dingle, Backyard at Blas is embarking on a new roadshow programme for spring 2019 bringing their innovative networking and learning programme to food producers across the country at a number of key locations.
Designed to bring the food producing community together in a relaxed and informal setting to mingle, share experiences and gather insights into running a business, this new programme of events will also feature a number of leading industry speakers who are passionate about offering support and advice to those starting out.
The first Backyard at Blas event will take place at Ballinwillin Estate, Cork on 15th May followed by two events at The Séamus Ennis Arts Centre on the 18th and 19th of June. The event scheduled for the 15th May and 18th June will focus on the theme of Branding & Packaging and the elements producers need to consider when sharing their message with potential customers at home and abroad. Client Services Director Aisling Wixted and Richie Ryan, Creative Director from Greenhouse Creative, one of Ireland’s largest food branding agencies, will share with guests their experiences in developing some of the country’s most successful food brands, and the challenges that come with designing for a competitive retail environment.
The final event on 19th June, which takes place in The Séamus Ennis Arts Centre, will focus on Buyer Insights with keynote speaker Malachy O’Connor, Founder of Irish Food Consulting. Malachy has over 20 years’ experience in the supermarket trade with food technical roles in M&S and Dunnes Stores followed by buying roles in Dunnes, Superquinn and SPAR before becoming Buying Director and Marketing Director at Aldi Ireland and Commercial Category Director at Tesco Ireland. The event will also cover the key skills required for preparing for buyer meetings, negotiation and commercial skills and feature a panel of buyers from major retail, independent and food services who will discuss their key criteria when developing a new supplier relationship.
Tickets for each stand alone event are priced at €75 each (inc VAT & Fees) but you can opt for a two event ticket at €125 (inc VAT & Fees). Tickets are available to buy now at Eventbrite.ie