- Rías Baixas wines, sensational Irish seafood, unde...
- Mescan Brewery’s second Virtue is a sell-out. JP M...
- September Dates for Murphy’s Cork Oyster and Seafo...
- PINEAPPLE-TO-GO FOR CORK CITY SHOPPERS
- A TASTE OF WEST CORK FOOD FESTIVAL WELCOMES AUSTRA...
- Summer time food is delicious at Cliff House Hotel
- Experience the best of Cork Food with Good Food Ir...
- Cask Opens For Weekend Brunch
- The Fem-Ale Festival Coming Next Month
- Waterford Harvest Festival All Set To Shine Again ...
- TULFARRIS HOTEL AND GOLF RESORT, BLESSINGTON, CO. ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- SEASONAL DELIGHTS AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL
- Mauro Colagreco’s Mirazur is No.1 as The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019 are revealed
- SUPERVALU REVEAL CORK ARE THE MOST ADVENTUROUS BBQ...
- €300,000 FUNDING AWARDED TO FOOD PRODUCERS IN CORK...
- World's Top Restaurants 51-120
- Flavour.ie Pops Up with Grub N Dub Club in West Cork!
- Richy's Launch New Menu
- Top Posts, last 10 months
- Blog Policy
- Sogrape takes majority stake in Liberty Wines
Backyard at Blas takes to the road this spring, supporting emerging food producers
Backyard at Blas takes to the road this spring supporting Ireland’s emerging food producers and bringing along some of the industry’s leading experts
Always a popular addition at the annual Blas na hÉireann Irish Food Awards in Dingle, Backyard at Blas is embarking on a new roadshow programme for spring 2019 bringing their innovative networking and learning programme to food producers across the country at a number of key locations.
Designed to bring the food producing community together in a relaxed and informal setting to mingle, share experiences and gather insights into running a business, this new programme of events will also feature a number of leading industry speakers who are passionate about offering support and advice to those starting out.
The first Backyard at Blas event will take place at Ballinwillin Estate, Cork on 15th May followed by two events at The Séamus Ennis Arts Centre on the 18th and 19th of June. The event scheduled for the 15th May and 18th June will focus on the theme of Branding & Packaging and the elements producers need to consider when sharing their message with potential customers at home and abroad. Client Services Director Aisling Wixted and Richie Ryan, Creative Director from Greenhouse Creative, one of Ireland’s largest food branding agencies, will share with guests their experiences in developing some of the country’s most successful food brands, and the challenges that come with designing for a competitive retail environment.
The final event on 19th June, which takes place in The Séamus Ennis Arts Centre, will focus on Buyer Insights with keynote speaker Malachy O’Connor, Founder of Irish Food Consulting. Malachy has over 20 years’ experience in the supermarket trade with food technical roles in M&S and Dunnes Stores followed by buying roles in Dunnes, Superquinn and SPAR before becoming Buying Director and Marketing Director at Aldi Ireland and Commercial Category Director at Tesco Ireland. The event will also cover the key skills required for preparing for buyer meetings, negotiation and commercial skills and feature a panel of buyers from major retail, independent and food services who will discuss their key criteria when developing a new supplier relationship.
Tickets for each stand alone event are priced at €75 each (inc VAT & Fees) but you can opt for a two event ticket at €125 (inc VAT & Fees). Tickets are available to buy now at Eventbrite.ie