- Mauro Colagreco’s Mirazur is No.1 as The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019 are revealed
- SUPERVALU REVEAL CORK ARE THE MOST ADVENTUROUS BBQ...
- €300,000 FUNDING AWARDED TO FOOD PRODUCERS IN CORK...
- World's Top Restaurants 51-120
- Flavour.ie Pops Up with Grub N Dub Club in West Cork!
- Richy's Launch New Menu
- MAKE IT FEEL LIKE A SUMMER THAT NEVER ENDS AT LYRATH ESTATE
- Alfie Byrne’s is ‘smoking hot’ this summer!
- Sea Change: Ireland’s largest free maritime festiv...
- Learn to Make Your Own Pizza At Killavullen Market...
- FYFFES JOINS DUNNES STORES TO GIVE PINEAPPLES THE ...
- Top Posts, last 9 months
- NEW FLAVOURFUL BREAKFAST MENU AT ORSO
- PREM GROUP SUPPORTS BEYOND THE MOON CHILDREN’S CHA...
- Fáilte Ireland launch Mescan Food-Pairing Wheel at the Tavern Murrisk
- FAMILY FUN AT LYRATH ESTATE THIS SUMMER
- SuperValu announces Spectacular Italian Wine Sale....
- COACH HOUSE OPENS AT KILLARNEY'S CAHERNANE HOUSE H...
- FYFFES IRELAND INTRODUCES NEW REDUCED-PACKAGING BA...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Blog Policy
A Michelin Starred Chocolate Experience at Cliff House
A Michelin Starred Chocolate Experience
Cliff House Hotel celebrates their exclusive CLIFF10 chocolate with a chocolate-inspired tasting menu this Easter
Cliff House Hotel celebrates their CLIFF10 Chocolate - the uniquely luscious chocolate exclusive to the hotel based on provenance, expertise and flavour - with an exciting CLIFF10 Chocolate-inspired tasting menu available in their Michelin starred restaurant throughout Easter weekend. Leave your shop-bought Easter egg at home and experience chocolate at a whole new level by booking this very special CLIFF10 Chocolate-inspired tasting menu in The House Restaurant, available from Thursday 18th until Sunday 21stApril.
Group Director of Food & Beverage, Martijn Kajuiter and Head Chef at Cliff House Hotel, Stephen Hayes undertook the task last year of researching and creating a unique chocolate to celebrate Cliff House Hotel’s 10th birthday. Working with the chocolate masters in the Or Noir Laboratory of Cacao Barry in France, they selected the very best cocoa beans and chocolate sourced from Peru, Tanzania and the Dominican Republic to create CLIFF10 Chocolate, a delicious dark chocolate based on an organic blend with a delicate fruity flavour underscored by smoky and bitter undertones.
At the Or Noir Laboratory, the Chefs built the taste profile of CLIFF10 Chocolate from a selection of key organoleptic notes (aromatic, fruity, etc.) and 20 secondary notes (spicy, floral, licorice, etc.) to create the exceptional chocolate now used as an in-room amenity at Cliff House Hotel, available to purchase also, and used in all chocolate dishes served at the hotel.
To celebrate this special chocolate creation, Martijn Kajuiter, Stephen Hayes and their culinary team have designed a showcase tasting menu that highlights the flavours and taste profiles of one-of-a-kind CLIFF10 Chocolate. Martijn Kajuiter won a Michelin Star for his innovative cooking in The House Restaurant ten years ago, and he and the team have achieved the star each year since. Their special Easter menu is sure to excite. Including a chocolate and sea vegetable fudge, a beetroot tartare with smoked CLIFF10 sauce and halibut, McGrath’s beef with chocolate sauce and - of course! - a selection of divine desserts using organic CLIFF10 Chocolate, this exquisite series of dishes will be served from 6.30pm in House Restaurant on all four nights over Easter weekend. (booking is essential).
Running alongside the á la carte menu, the ultimate Easter dining experience for any chocolate lover or the culinary curious - the CLIFF10 Chocolate tasting dinner at Cliff House Hotel, costs €110 per dinner, with wine pairings available for €62. Overnight stays are also available from €550 to include tasting dinner and bed and breakfast in a deluxe sea view room.
The CLIFF culinary team have ensured those enjoying relaxed dining in The Bar Restaurant over the Easter can also celebrate our favourite chocolate holiday with a chef curated selection of 5 specialty CLIFF10 chocolates. Hitting all the notes from salty to bitter, earthy to sweet, this decedent and delicious chocolate selection consisting of sea vegetable fudge chocolate, rhubarb curd bitter chocolate, rosemary blossom gel filled chocolate, gin and coffee and Lyons Estate Honey is a delightful way to end a mouthwatering meal in The Bar Restaurant, or the perfect treat to enjoy with your mid-afternoon coffee. This luxurious, limited edition chocolate selection, beautifully presented, costs €7.50 and is available throughout Easter.