- Dockland now open on Lapp’s Quay
- Willy Wonka Booze Factory ages 94-point whiskey in...
- “Tum Ease” is Listowel Judges’ Cup of Tea
- Cork & Kerry Agree Local Produce is Better
- Barnabrow Gourmet Evening. Always a Special One!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Quinola Mothergrain News. Includes 5 quinoa recipe...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Over €6000 was raised for 2 charities in Griffins 5th Annual Charity Cycle
- KeepCup. Keep Reusing. October is the Month to sta...
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
Taste of the WeekDe Róiste 6 Minute Breakfast
De Róiste, based in Baile Bhuirne, are perhaps best known for their black and white puddings, made in the traditional way with fresh pork and fresh blood. The products are widely available and you’ll also come across them at markets and food fairs.
And indeed, that was how I came across their Breakfast Loaf, one of their newer products, which they were exhibiting at the Cork Summer Show last weekend. This, our Taste of the Week, is more or less the full Irish, containing streaky rashers, sausage meat, black and white pudding, egg and mushrooms.
It is sold in a pack that contains two slices and I'd recommended that you should always have a pack or two in the fridge. Cooking is simple and very quick, fry or grill, just 2 to 3 minutes for each side, and there you have a satisfying breakfast or lunch, especially if you add a slice or two of brown bread or a salad. No brown bread? Use a bun!