- Griffins of Dripsey Join Dessert Festival Fun
- Mitchelstown Old Butter Road Event This Weekend!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Munster Wine & Dine. Gubbeen Visit Update!
- Family fun at Westport Food Festival
- The Return of the Campo Viejo Tapas Trail
- A Beginner's Guide To Kitchen Knife Techniques
- Herb Marinated Lamb Chops with Asparagus, Lemon, a...
- GREEN SPACE TO PARTNER MARKET LANE GROUP TO REDUCE FOOD MILES AND FOOD WASTE
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Emporium Raising the Bar in Cork
- Beaujolais trade tasting comes back to Dublin
- The C.A.T. is out!
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
Taste of the WeekDe Róiste 6 Minute Breakfast
De Róiste, based in Baile Bhuirne, are perhaps best known for their black and white puddings, made in the traditional way with fresh pork and fresh blood. The products are widely available and you’ll also come across them at markets and food fairs.
And indeed, that was how I came across their Breakfast Loaf, one of their newer products, which they were exhibiting at the Cork Summer Show last weekend. This, our Taste of the Week, is more or less the full Irish, containing streaky rashers, sausage meat, black and white pudding, egg and mushrooms.
It is sold in a pack that contains two slices and I'd recommended that you should always have a pack or two in the fridge. Cooking is simple and very quick, fry or grill, just 2 to 3 minutes for each side, and there you have a satisfying breakfast or lunch, especially if you add a slice or two of brown bread or a salad. No brown bread? Use a bun!