- Franciscan Well's Chieftain IPA takes to the skies...
- Pork Crackling with an Irish Twist. Scratch My Por...
- Wild & Vital ~ Forage, Make, Taste & Learn
- 'FOOD RESCUE' at BALLYVOLANE HOUSE
- HERE NOW! TIO PEPE EN RAMA 2017
- Killarney’s Newest Private Dining Venue - The Pict...
- Clonakilty Walking Food Tour Returns This Summer
- Munster Wine & Dine. Wine Tasting Update!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Protect our pubs!
- CIT Culinary Arts Students Showcase Unique New Foo...
- Beaujolais trade tasting comes back to Dublin
- GEORGINA CAMPBELL 2017 IRISH BREAKFAST AWARD WINNE...
- Festival Launch of the Old Butter Roads Food Trail...
- The C.A.T. is out!
- On the Pig's Back to open for Sunday brunch/lunch!...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Darina Allen opens food conference, a 1st for Ireland
Weston A. Price Foundation International
Food Conference for Limerick
February 7th and 8th 2015 at Thomond Park in Limerick will see the first Food Conference of its kind take place on our island. Named the Wise Traditions Ireland Conference the focus is on Food, Farming and the Healing Arts and will no doubt appeal to foodies and non foodies alike.
The Foundation is dedicated to restoring nutrient-dense foods to the human diet through education, research and activism based on the solid research of nutrition pioneer Dr Weston Price. It supports a number of movements that contribute to this objective including accurate nutrition instruction, organic and biodynamic farming, pasture-feeding of livestock, community-supported farms, honest and informative labeling, prepared parenting and nurturing therapies.
Founded in 1999 by Sally Fallon Morell, the Foundation has grown and expanded in its membership and activities exponentially. In an era when populations are struggling with ill health, both physical and mental, digestive problems, allergies etc it is timely that this event comes to Ireland and gives an opportunity for us to see how it is possible to regain health and reverse many chronic health conditions using the wisdom of our ancestors.
For an eye opening and mind-expanding two-day event that will challenge all your beliefs about nutrition, don’t miss this one of a kind conference where you get to hear expert speakers, meet nutritionists, parents and people who care about their and their family’s health, and eat some delicious food too!
Key speakers: Darina Allen - Ballymaloe Cookery School and Champion of local food.
Sally Fallon Morell - USA, author of Nourishing Traditions, the cookbook that challenges politically correct nutrition and the diet dictocrats.
Dr. Natasha Campbell McBride MD PHD, She is well known for developing a concept of GAPS (Gut And Psychology Syndrome), which she described in her book Gut and Psychology Syndrome - Natural Treatment for Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Depression and Schizophrenia,
Joe Fitzmaurice - Award winning bakery and bread school Riotrye, Cloughjordan Eco Village
David Wetzel - founder of Green Pastures (fermented Cod Liver Oil)
Elizabeth Ryan - Founder of Raw Milk Ireland Campaign
Tickets for the event cost €70 for one day and €117 for the full two-day event and a delicious lunch based on WAPF and GAPS principles created from locally sourced produce is included in the price.
a press release