- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Food Innovation Workshop
- Trading on Line with help from Local Enterprise Of...
- HAVE YOUR TASTE BUDS TANTALISED IN CORK!
- Cork Airport’s Food & Beverage Outlets undergoing ...
- Brand Storytelling: The Foundation of Your Growth ...
- Food Tourism Workshop in Longueville
- Clonakilty - Ireland’s Premier Foodie Town
- Coming Up Soon at L’Atitude 51
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at Cork's Hayfield Man...
- Come to the Castle with Kate & Caitlin
- Food Markets, Festivals, Visits, Events. Cork & Ireland
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Delicious Hat Trick by Yumm!
The vegetables used here are fresh, grown locally and chemical free. Store yours in the fridge. They may be eaten cold and can be reheated. Packaging, by the way, may be composted. All good and all available from Walter in the English Market. YUMM! may be reached at email@example.com
Is this Walter Ryan-Purcell, the face of the Fresh from West Cork stall in the English Market, something of a magician? Every time he pulls something out of his bag, a bit of food magic appears.
It wasn't just one this weekend. Nor two. No. But three of the best from YUMM! in Ballydehob. Let me take you through them, all suitable for vegetarians and all gluten free.
First up was the Skibbereen Spinach Pie, a rich, creamy and filling pie made with spinach, cream cheese, eggs, opinion, potatoes and seasoning. First bite and I knew I was on to a winner.
Completed the double with the Inchigeelagh Frittata, another gem. Again I’ll use their own words, as they ring true: A delicate Frittata made with fresh eggs, summer vegetables, mild goat’s cheese and new potatoes. Loved the veg in this one.
And the hat trick is completed with another outstanding dish called Parmigiano Kilmichael. Don't you love the names. You’ll love this too: A delicious dish made with tomato, aubergine, onion, garlic, cheese, olive oil and seasoning. A superb substitute for Ratatouille.
The dishes may be used as a substantial lunch for one, maybe for two if you add a salad. All may be used as part of a main dish with chicken, fish or salad. Try a pack or two and use your imagination!