- Name the New Radisson Blu Restaurant. Dine Out for...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Munster Wine & Dine Dates for 2017
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Food Innovation Workshop
- Trading on Line with help from Local Enterprise Of...
- HAVE YOUR TASTE BUDS TANTALISED IN CORK!
- Cork Airport’s Food & Beverage Outlets undergoing ...
- Brand Storytelling: The Foundation of Your Growth ...
- Food Tourism Workshop in Longueville
- Clonakilty - Ireland’s Premier Foodie Town
- Coming Up Soon at L’Atitude 51
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at Cork's Hayfield Man...
- Come to the Castle with Kate & Caitlin
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Sunny Day Lunch at Walton Court
Thirty degrees plus in Ireland! My Mama never told me there'd be days like this. Maybe she did but I didn't hear her as she plastered on the oil, you know, the one that ensured you burned a nice even brown! Big boy now, so had my hat on as I took my seat at the outdoor table in the Courtyard Cafe at Oysterhaven's Walton Court yesterday. Moments earlier, Christine Girault, who runs the cafe and also the Garden Room, the weekend restaurant, had taken our order.
Soon, we were tucking in. The colours of the food matched the mid-day sunshine and Christine herself was in sparkling form, even throwing in a cúpla focal as we chatted. CL thoroughly enjoyed her Smoked Salmon while my Hummus, with a wee bowl of tapenade added, matched it for quality. You can see the current lunch menu below.
Wine is available here but I enjoyed a bottle of traditional French lemonade while CL supped her sparkling Elderflower Cordial. Lots of drinks here, including Dungarvan Brewing Company’s beers and a locally roasted coffee.
The menu is augmented for the weekend evening meals (Tapas and Casual Dining) in the larger Garden Room. You'll have catch of the day and do watch out for the artisan Aldudes Valley ham, Chorizo and Urepel Brebis Cheese, (also from the Pyrénées) and, from closer to home, the tapas menu may well include Apple Wood Smoked Prawns from the local Oysterhaven Bay Smokehouse.
Courtyard Cafe: Tu-Su 11.00am to 5.00pm.
Garden Room: Fr-Su 6.00pm to 9.00pm
(021) 477 0878