- Griffins of Dripsey Join Dessert Festival Fun
- Mitchelstown Old Butter Road Event This Weekend!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Munster Wine & Dine. Gubbeen Visit Update!
- Family fun at Westport Food Festival
- The Return of the Campo Viejo Tapas Trail
- A Beginner's Guide To Kitchen Knife Techniques
- Herb Marinated Lamb Chops with Asparagus, Lemon, a...
- GREEN SPACE TO PARTNER MARKET LANE GROUP TO REDUCE FOOD MILES AND FOOD WASTE
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Emporium Raising the Bar in Cork
- Beaujolais trade tasting comes back to Dublin
- The C.A.T. is out!
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
THE GOOD FOOD SHOP
The Good Food Shop is a regular call when I’m in the English Market. The stock and variety here is huge, everything from organic chocolate to smoked duck.
Today I was on the lookout for coffee and found a selection, both of type and sizes. In the end, I settled for an organic Italian Roast and Ground with a promise of “dark, rich and gorgeous”. Cost of 227 gms of this Fairtrade (Equal Exchange) product was €4.94.
I’ve always found the staff here helpful and courteous and indeed knowledgeable, as one often has to request the location of a product in the narrow aisles of the shop. Today I found the coffee myself and the till service was friendly.
Funnily enough, I’ve never been able to find the Good Food Shop on the list of stalls on the market website at http://www.corkenglishmarket.ie/ Checked again today, no change. Mystery!