- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Marvellous markets for Christmas on Sligo Food Tra...
- Adare Manor Sommelier Chosen For New Zealand Sommi...
- A Celebration of Spiced Beef in Cork Cafés
- BARRY AND FITZWILLIAM ANNOUNCE IRISH DISTRIBUTION ...
- Pudding for Christmas – from Kelly’s of course
- Killian Crowley is S.Pellegrino Young Chef 2018
- Franciscan Well Christmas Experience
- The Mescan Menu at The Tavern Murrisk
- Go Full Irish for Charity
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
THE GOOD FOOD SHOP
The Good Food Shop is a regular call when I’m in the English Market. The stock and variety here is huge, everything from organic chocolate to smoked duck.
Today I was on the lookout for coffee and found a selection, both of type and sizes. In the end, I settled for an organic Italian Roast and Ground with a promise of “dark, rich and gorgeous”. Cost of 227 gms of this Fairtrade (Equal Exchange) product was €4.94.
I’ve always found the staff here helpful and courteous and indeed knowledgeable, as one often has to request the location of a product in the narrow aisles of the shop. Today I found the coffee myself and the till service was friendly.
Funnily enough, I’ve never been able to find the Good Food Shop on the list of stalls on the market website at http://www.corkenglishmarket.ie/ Checked again today, no change. Mystery!