- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Le Caveau Artisan Wines Tastings.
- GEORGINA CAMPBELL 2017 IRISH BREAKFAST AWARD WINNE...
- ADRIAN HILLGROVE'S EXECUTIVE HEAD CHEF AT THE MON...
- Festival Launch of the Old Butter Roads Food Trail...
- One in five Irish shoppers are regular gluten free...
- The C.A.T. is out!
- The Tavern Lobster Festival on the May weekend
- On the Pig's Back to open for Sunday brunch/lunch!...
- International Biennial Poster Design Terras Gauda ...
- A Celebration of Milleens Farmhouse Cheese
- Heading for San Sebastián? Top spots for wine and ...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Hayfield Manor Welcomes New General Manager
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
THE GOOD FOOD SHOP
The Good Food Shop is a regular call when I’m in the English Market. The stock and variety here is huge, everything from organic chocolate to smoked duck.
Today I was on the lookout for coffee and found a selection, both of type and sizes. In the end, I settled for an organic Italian Roast and Ground with a promise of “dark, rich and gorgeous”. Cost of 227 gms of this Fairtrade (Equal Exchange) product was €4.94.
I’ve always found the staff here helpful and courteous and indeed knowledgeable, as one often has to request the location of a product in the narrow aisles of the shop. Today I found the coffee myself and the till service was friendly.
Funnily enough, I’ve never been able to find the Good Food Shop on the list of stalls on the market website at http://www.corkenglishmarket.ie/ Checked again today, no change. Mystery!