|I enjoyed Castletownbere Monkfish, wrapped in Gubbeen cured ham|
with Carrageen Moss and caramelised Shallot Potato Puree,
a terrific dish at Inchydoney Lodge during last year's festival
- Carl D’Alton From Cask Wins World Class Irish Bart...
- 420 GUESTS TO DINE OUTDOORS FOR CORK’S LONG TABLE...
- Renowned London Cocktail Bar Callooh Callay To Pop Up in Cork; One Night Only
- SuperValu Unveils Its New Summer Wine Range. With ...
- UK’S BEST PIZZA CHEF, DAVIDE D’AURIA, TO HOST A MA...
- 100,000 Footfall Boost Expected for Newbridge Silverware with Launch of Factory Tour
- Freshii Goes Greener: Compostable Packaging, Cutl...
- Archway Lager launched by Franciscan Well
- Summer Season In Cask Cocktail Bar In Cork Kicks O...
- Official Opening June 18th for Athula Fusion Foods...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- CORK SUMMER SHOW: A CELEBRATION OF FARMLIFE FOR AL...
- Mescan Brewery Tours - New for Summer 2018
- Cork based TablePath puts you in control of your r...
- FIRST MARKET LANE SCHOLARSHIP HELPS STUDENT ON ROAD TO CULINARY SUCCESS
- ‘Our Table’ pop up event promises a fusion of flav...
- Beaujolais on Irish Tour!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
West Cork awaits Foodies, Fun Lovers & Families!
Save the Date!
The annual and wonderful A Taste of West Cork Food Festival will take place once again from 4th-13 September. With events from Bandon to Beara, over 30 of the region’s scenic towns and villages and more than 80 restaurants, pubs and hotels, including 8 idyllic islands, are participating.
With a plethora of great places to stay, West Cork’s Wild Atlantic Way will fling open its doors to welcome you and yours for a memorable visit.
The festival takes in Bandon, Clonakilty, Schull, Bantry, Skibbereen (its home base), Baltimore, Glandore, Durrus, Ahakista, Allihies and all points west to include, for the first time, the wonderful towns, villages and attractions of the Beara Penninsula.
Foodies, fun lovers and families will be amazed at the choices before them. With chefs from all over the world ‘guesting’ (including Andy McFadden of the Michelin starred L’Autre Pied (London), the ever popular Derry Clarke of L’Ecrivan, and JP McMahon of Aniar (Galway) - to mention a few), visitors to the region can look forward to restaurant themed evenings (for the skinted or minted!), food masterclasses and tastings, open air markets, historic tours, island-hopping, ‘The Journey of Milk’ Sustainable Farming Conference, The Belling Food Awards and lots more - it’s all go at A Taste of West Cork Festival!
For the adventurous there’s catch ‘n’ cook experiences, moonlight kayaking, seashore foraging, walks on Cape Clear Island, and miles and miles of wonderful coastline and beaches to welcome you to West Cork’s Wild Atlantic Way.
A Taste of West Cork Food Festival gets better every year!
Check out our programme – we’re adding all the time! www.atasteofwestcork.com;
Sunday, September 8, 2013
Free Lunch for Visitors to A Taste of West Cork Food Festival!
As part of the Gathering initiative and to welcome international and local visitors, the popular Taste of West Cork Food Festival 2013 (now in its 10th year) is offering guests a delicious West Cork lunch – absolutely free! From the 6th-15th September participating restaurants in Skibbereen, Baltimore, Glandore, Union Hall, Leap and Casteltownshend will each showcase a specific product from West Cork; a nationally recognised region with a proud reputation for producing some of the best artisan food in Ireland. Discerning gourmands can, with proof of travel or accommodation, obtain vouchers for their free lunch (sponsored by Field’s Supervalu) from the Festival Box Office.