- Argentine Wine Fair
- DUNMORE HOUSE HOTEL VOWS TO CELEBRATE BIG WIN WITH...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- NOMINATIONS OPEN FOR THE BASQUE CULINARY WORLD PRI...
- Hayfield Manor Welcomes New General Manager
- April Danann: Fermentation is Life!
- Munster Wine & Dine Reminder on upcoming events 2017
- NEW YORKER FINE LAGER BEER
- Dublin's newest whiskey venture launched
- The First Food Academy Programme Of 2017
- Food safety: simpler rules proposed for small reta...
- Ireland’s first branded Irish cream liqueur launched
- Jonathan Keller crowned winner of the European Che...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
- Irish consumers look forward to World Pi(e) Day
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
SUGAR CAFE and PETITS FOURS PATISSERIE
Last summer, enjoyed some gorgeous macaroons in the Dordogne and then soon found out I could have been enjoying them here all along. Over in Washington Street, Christine Girault, in Ireland for 17 years, runs the Sugar Cafe and Petits Fours Patisserie.
Tasted the macaroons recently and they are absolutely delicious. The range here is hugely and hugely tempting: traditional French éclairs, Macaroons and Florentine Biscuits, Fruit Tarts, Mille-feuille and her own favourites Paris Brest, Opera and Flan Patissier....and she also does special occasion cakes.
The cafe is open 8.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday and here you can have the traditional French breakfast and quite a variety of lunch treats (salads, baguettes, ciabatta, wraps etc.)
25 Washington Street West 087 6481452