- Musgrave MarketPlace donates over 250,000 meals to...
- Munster Wine & Dine. Coming Soon. An evening at Ki...
- EU launches European Capital of Smart Tourism
- Cahernane House Hotel included in prestigious Cond...
- Musgrave MarketPlace announces partnership with Ch...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Introduction to Healthy Eating, at Richy's Clonaki...
- Burgundy on a West Cork Beach
- Franciscan Well Springs into Summer
- May is the Month for the Old Butter Roads Festival...
- IRISH EYES ARE SMILIGN!
- West Cork Farm Tours – An authentic grass roots, I...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
SUGAR CAFE and PETITS FOURS PATISSERIE
Last summer, enjoyed some gorgeous macaroons in the Dordogne and then soon found out I could have been enjoying them here all along. Over in Washington Street, Christine Girault, in Ireland for 17 years, runs the Sugar Cafe and Petits Fours Patisserie.
Tasted the macaroons recently and they are absolutely delicious. The range here is hugely and hugely tempting: traditional French éclairs, Macaroons and Florentine Biscuits, Fruit Tarts, Mille-feuille and her own favourites Paris Brest, Opera and Flan Patissier....and she also does special occasion cakes.
The cafe is open 8.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday and here you can have the traditional French breakfast and quite a variety of lunch treats (salads, baguettes, ciabatta, wraps etc.)
25 Washington Street West 087 6481452