- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Franciscan Well's Chieftain IPA takes to the skies...
- Pork Crackling with an Irish Twist. Scratch My Por...
- Wild & Vital ~ Forage, Make, Taste & Learn
- 'FOOD RESCUE' at BALLYVOLANE HOUSE
- HERE NOW! TIO PEPE EN RAMA 2017
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Killarney’s Newest Private Dining Venue - The Pict...
- Clonakilty Walking Food Tour Returns This Summer
- Munster Wine & Dine. Wine Tasting Update!
- Protect our pubs!
- CIT Culinary Arts Students Showcase Unique New Foo...
- Beaujolais trade tasting comes back to Dublin
- GEORGINA CAMPBELL 2017 IRISH BREAKFAST AWARD WINNE...
- Festival Launch of the Old Butter Roads Food Trail...
- The C.A.T. is out!
- On the Pig's Back to open for Sunday brunch/lunch!...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
SUGAR CAFE and PETITS FOURS PATISSERIE
Last summer, enjoyed some gorgeous macaroons in the Dordogne and then soon found out I could have been enjoying them here all along. Over in Washington Street, Christine Girault, in Ireland for 17 years, runs the Sugar Cafe and Petits Fours Patisserie.
Tasted the macaroons recently and they are absolutely delicious. The range here is hugely and hugely tempting: traditional French éclairs, Macaroons and Florentine Biscuits, Fruit Tarts, Mille-feuille and her own favourites Paris Brest, Opera and Flan Patissier....and she also does special occasion cakes.
The cafe is open 8.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday and here you can have the traditional French breakfast and quite a variety of lunch treats (salads, baguettes, ciabatta, wraps etc.)
25 Washington Street West 087 6481452