- Persia to West Cork via Galway's Mitzi’s Mezze
- Teeling Releases New Brabazon Port Cask Bottling
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Grub Club at the White Horse
- How CIT's Department of Tourism & Hospitality is r...
- Savour the last sip of summer with an Albarino tas...
- KeepCup. Keep Reusing. October is the Month to sta...
- World BBQ is coming to Limerick Town
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Sligo's Gala Harvest Feast
- Cliff Townhouse Oyster Fest takes place from 7th –...
- Griffins to reduce environmental Footprint with Ne...
- CHARITY ‘POP UP’ TO VISIT CORK CITY
- Coming Up: Murrisk Pattern & Oyster Festival
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
SUGAR CAFE and PETITS FOURS PATISSERIE
Last summer, enjoyed some gorgeous macaroons in the Dordogne and then soon found out I could have been enjoying them here all along. Over in Washington Street, Christine Girault, in Ireland for 17 years, runs the Sugar Cafe and Petits Fours Patisserie.
Tasted the macaroons recently and they are absolutely delicious. The range here is hugely and hugely tempting: traditional French éclairs, Macaroons and Florentine Biscuits, Fruit Tarts, Mille-feuille and her own favourites Paris Brest, Opera and Flan Patissier....and she also does special occasion cakes.
The cafe is open 8.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday and here you can have the traditional French breakfast and quite a variety of lunch treats (salads, baguettes, ciabatta, wraps etc.)
25 Washington Street West 087 6481452