- DUNMORE HOUSE HOTEL VOWS TO CELEBRATE BIG WIN WITH...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- NOMINATIONS OPEN FOR THE BASQUE CULINARY WORLD PRI...
- Hayfield Manor Welcomes New General Manager
- April Danann: Fermentation is Life!
- Munster Wine & Dine Reminder on upcoming events 2017
- NEW YORKER FINE LAGER BEER
- Dublin's newest whiskey venture launched
- The First Food Academy Programme Of 2017
- Food safety: simpler rules proposed for small reta...
- Ireland’s first branded Irish cream liqueur launched
- Jonathan Keller crowned winner of the European Che...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
- Irish consumers look forward to World Pi(e) Day
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Taste of the Week
Ardsallagh Cranberry Roulade
Ardsallagh Cranberry Roulade came tops in the New Cheese Section at the Irish Cheese Awards in 2011. It is still going strong and our Taste of the Week.
It is a soft goats cheese with cranberry: 100% handmade, 100% natural, 100% local and 100% delicious, even on its own.
Came across a striking way to use it during a meal in Jacques some time back when dessert was Medjool Date stuffed with Ardsallagh goats cheese, with Almonds and a full circle of Blood Orange. A gorgeous summer combination.
This small family run business in East Cork has grown steadily, and you can buy their products not only in local farmers markets, but also in national supermarket chains. I got mine at the Roughty Stall in Cork's English Market. Ardsallagh products can also be found on the menu of many well known restaurants across Ireland.
The whole family contribute toward the smooth running of the farm and dairy. They use the ladle method, slowly and carefully, making a beautiful cheese that is easily digestible.
Ardsallagh Goats Products
Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Taste of the WeekBallybrado’s Superior Spelt Muesli
Superior Spelt Muesli from Tipperary’s Ballybrado Farm is our Taste of the Week, a terrific balance of tastes and flavours and organic to boot. Look at the ingredients: Raisins, Spelt flakes, Green raisins, Raspberries, puffed spelt, almonds, sunflower seeds, golden linseeds, oat flakes, spelt crunchy, roasted hazelnuts, all enough to get your day off to a cracking start.