- Estrella Damm to Continue Partnership with Food On...
- Revamp unveiled of well-known Kinsale restaurant ...
- Carl D’Alton From Cask Wins World Class Irish Bart...
- 420 GUESTS TO DINE OUTDOORS FOR CORK’S LONG TABLE...
- Renowned London Cocktail Bar Callooh Callay To Pop Up in Cork; One Night Only
- SuperValu Unveils Its New Summer Wine Range. With ...
- UK’S BEST PIZZA CHEF, DAVIDE D’AURIA, TO HOST A MA...
- 100,000 Footfall Boost Expected for Newbridge Silverware with Launch of Factory Tour
- Freshii Goes Greener: Compostable Packaging, Cutl...
- Archway Lager launched by Franciscan Well
- Summer Season In Cask Cocktail Bar In Cork Kicks O...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Mescan Brewery Tours - New for Summer 2018
- Cork based TablePath puts you in control of your r...
- FIRST MARKET LANE SCHOLARSHIP HELPS STUDENT ON ROAD TO CULINARY SUCCESS
- ‘Our Table’ pop up event promises a fusion of flav...
- Beaujolais on Irish Tour!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Taste of the Week
Ardsallagh Cranberry Roulade
Ardsallagh Cranberry Roulade came tops in the New Cheese Section at the Irish Cheese Awards in 2011. It is still going strong and our Taste of the Week.
It is a soft goats cheese with cranberry: 100% handmade, 100% natural, 100% local and 100% delicious, even on its own.
Came across a striking way to use it during a meal in Jacques some time back when dessert was Medjool Date stuffed with Ardsallagh goats cheese, with Almonds and a full circle of Blood Orange. A gorgeous summer combination.
This small family run business in East Cork has grown steadily, and you can buy their products not only in local farmers markets, but also in national supermarket chains. I got mine at the Roughty Stall in Cork's English Market. Ardsallagh products can also be found on the menu of many well known restaurants across Ireland.
The whole family contribute toward the smooth running of the farm and dairy. They use the ladle method, slowly and carefully, making a beautiful cheese that is easily digestible.
Ardsallagh Goats Products
Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Taste of the WeekBallybrado’s Superior Spelt Muesli
Superior Spelt Muesli from Tipperary’s Ballybrado Farm is our Taste of the Week, a terrific balance of tastes and flavours and organic to boot. Look at the ingredients: Raisins, Spelt flakes, Green raisins, Raspberries, puffed spelt, almonds, sunflower seeds, golden linseeds, oat flakes, spelt crunchy, roasted hazelnuts, all enough to get your day off to a cracking start.