- Franciscan Well Christmas Experience
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Of Mice and Mayors and Mulled Wine. Music too for ...
- FANAH-FEST: An Eight Degrees Brewing Beer & Music ...
- Flavours of New Zealand
- Upcoming Masterclasses at CLIFF Academy
- Culinary Match. Market Lane Group and CIT'S Touris...
- The Mescan Menu at The Tavern Murrisk
- Mallow Christmas Food and Craft Family Fair
- Dunnes Stores Awarded Irish Quality Food Retailer ...
- Update on "An Afternoon in Ballymaloe House including Sunday Lunch"
- ROZANNA PURCELL & LIFEWAY KEFIR PARTNER TO PROMOTE...
- All the Cheese Champions for 2017
- Go Full Irish for Charity
- Listowel Food Fair Honours Georgina Campbell
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
Taste of the Week
Ballyhoura Apple Farm Milk Chocolate
Lots of chocolate tasted over the past few weeks - it’s that time of year. But very hard to beat this Milk Chocolate or Seacláid Bhainne. Hard too to get us Irish to turn our backs on that bainne as milk has been part of our lives for ever.
The package emphasises that link with the words: A taste of bygone days. Well maybe the days are gone but the lovely flavours of milk remains. It is alive and delicious in this bar, that I bought from the Ballyhoura Apple stall in Mahon Point Farmers Market. Made for them “by a local lady”, it is full of flavour with a pleasing texture and is our Taste of the Week. Well worth a try!
For more on Ballyhoura Apple Farm, check their website here.