Left to right: Martin Shanrahan, Isabel Sheridan, Tim McCarthy and Avril Allshire
- Dockland now open on Lapp’s Quay
- Willy Wonka Booze Factory ages 94-point whiskey in...
- “Tum Ease” is Listowel Judges’ Cup of Tea
- Cork & Kerry Agree Local Produce is Better
- Barnabrow Gourmet Evening. Always a Special One!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Quinola Mothergrain News. Includes 5 quinoa recipe...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Over €6000 was raised for 2 charities in Griffins 5th Annual Charity Cycle
- KeepCup. Keep Reusing. October is the Month to sta...
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Monday, September 20, 2010
La Confrérie des Chevaliers du Goûte Boudin - one of the world’s greatest authorities on black pudding – are in Ireland this week. Over three days from today (September 20), thirty Knights of the fraternity will visit McCarthy’s of Kanturk, Caherbeg Free Range Pork Rosscarbery and Mayo’s Seán Kelly to award gold, silver and bronze medals. Street festivities are planned and this promises to be a great three day celebration of all that is exciting and special about Irish black pudding and telling that story to an international market.
European Pudding Champions
Three Irish Butchers to be Knighted