Left to right: Martin Shanrahan, Isabel Sheridan, Tim McCarthy and Avril Allshire
- Waterford Harvest Festival cultivates growing busi...
- ‘Urban Food Fest’ opening event of Pigtown Food & ...
- Holy Smoke Pitmaster Masterclass.
- Whiskey buffs and the culturally curious rejoice. ...
- Five Gold Medals for Rising Sons
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Babies and Toddlers Welcome at Waterford Harvest Festival
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Exciting Harvest Dining on Waterford Festival Menu
- Coming Up: Murrisk Pattern & Oyster Festival
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- FEAST in THE EAST. Midleton’s Renowned Food Festiv...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Old Carrick Mill Discovers A French Connection!
- Blog Policy
Monday, September 20, 2010
La Confrérie des Chevaliers du Goûte Boudin - one of the world’s greatest authorities on black pudding – are in Ireland this week. Over three days from today (September 20), thirty Knights of the fraternity will visit McCarthy’s of Kanturk, Caherbeg Free Range Pork Rosscarbery and Mayo’s Seán Kelly to award gold, silver and bronze medals. Street festivities are planned and this promises to be a great three day celebration of all that is exciting and special about Irish black pudding and telling that story to an international market.
European Pudding Champions
Three Irish Butchers to be Knighted