- World Beers & Local Music at Franciscan Well Beer ...
- Dockland now open on Lapp’s Quay
- Willy Wonka Booze Factory ages 94-point whiskey in...
- “Tum Ease” is Listowel Judges’ Cup of Tea
- Cork & Kerry Agree Local Produce is Better
- Barnabrow Gourmet Evening. Always a Special One!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Quinola Mothergrain News. Includes 5 quinoa recipe...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Over €6000 was raised for 2 charities in Griffins 5th Annual Charity Cycle
- KeepCup. Keep Reusing. October is the Month to sta...
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Taste of the Week
Martin’s Whiskey Marmalade
How about whiskey in a jar? Whiskey for breakfast? An early morning Hair of the Dog maybe?
Martin’s Homemade Jams and Marmalades, from Mallow, have started making a whiskey marmalade with the whiskey coming from St Patrick’s Distillery of Douglas. It is quite different to other versions, with a lovely aroma and surprisingly delicious flavour and is our Taste of the Week. Indeed, one non-marmalade eater here has been converted.
The marmalade is available at the Friday Market in Mallow, at Danno’s SuperValu and Lucey’s Butchers (both in Mallow), at Bradley’s of North Main Street (Cork) and at Roughty Fruit (English Market).
See more about St Patrick’s Distillery here.