- The not so sweet side of Christmas
- First National Burger Festival on 22nd - 29th Janu...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Marvellous markets for Christmas on Sligo Food Tra...
- Pudding for Christmas – from Kelly’s of course
- Franciscan Well Christmas Experience
- The Mescan Menu at The Tavern Murrisk
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Taste of the Week
Martin’s Whiskey Marmalade
How about whiskey in a jar? Whiskey for breakfast? An early morning Hair of the Dog maybe?
Martin’s Homemade Jams and Marmalades, from Mallow, have started making a whiskey marmalade with the whiskey coming from St Patrick’s Distillery of Douglas. It is quite different to other versions, with a lovely aroma and surprisingly delicious flavour and is our Taste of the Week. Indeed, one non-marmalade eater here has been converted.
The marmalade is available at the Friday Market in Mallow, at Danno’s SuperValu and Lucey’s Butchers (both in Mallow), at Bradley’s of North Main Street (Cork) and at Roughty Fruit (English Market).
See more about St Patrick’s Distillery here.