- Franciscan Well's Chieftain IPA takes to the skies...
- Pork Crackling with an Irish Twist. Scratch My Por...
- Wild & Vital ~ Forage, Make, Taste & Learn
- 'FOOD RESCUE' at BALLYVOLANE HOUSE
- HERE NOW! TIO PEPE EN RAMA 2017
- Killarney’s Newest Private Dining Venue - The Pict...
- Clonakilty Walking Food Tour Returns This Summer
- Munster Wine & Dine. Wine Tasting Update!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Protect our pubs!
- CIT Culinary Arts Students Showcase Unique New Foo...
- Beaujolais trade tasting comes back to Dublin
- GEORGINA CAMPBELL 2017 IRISH BREAKFAST AWARD WINNE...
- Festival Launch of the Old Butter Roads Food Trail...
- The C.A.T. is out!
- On the Pig's Back to open for Sunday brunch/lunch!...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Taste of the Week
Martin’s Whiskey Marmalade
How about whiskey in a jar? Whiskey for breakfast? An early morning Hair of the Dog maybe?
Martin’s Homemade Jams and Marmalades, from Mallow, have started making a whiskey marmalade with the whiskey coming from St Patrick’s Distillery of Douglas. It is quite different to other versions, with a lovely aroma and surprisingly delicious flavour and is our Taste of the Week. Indeed, one non-marmalade eater here has been converted.
The marmalade is available at the Friday Market in Mallow, at Danno’s SuperValu and Lucey’s Butchers (both in Mallow), at Bradley’s of North Main Street (Cork) and at Roughty Fruit (English Market).
See more about St Patrick’s Distillery here.