- The Good Value Wine List
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Rosie Fortescue to judge the Bollinger Best Dresse...
- Argentine Wine Fair 11th April
- IRISH EYES ARE SMILIGN!
- West Cork Farm Tours – An authentic grass roots, I...
- “Salt of the Earth” art exhibition for budding art...
- Eight Degrees: now in cans, with new beer and awar...
- Fourcorners Bring US Brewing Giants Ballast Point ...
- Munster Wine & Dine. Coming Soon. The Wine Walk. W...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Ladies’ Day at the Mustard Seed in Ballingarry, Co...
- Paradiso is 25 and celebrating!
- Easter at The K Club. Eggs. And Golf!
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Taste of the Week
Martin’s Whiskey Marmalade
How about whiskey in a jar? Whiskey for breakfast? An early morning Hair of the Dog maybe?
Martin’s Homemade Jams and Marmalades, from Mallow, have started making a whiskey marmalade with the whiskey coming from St Patrick’s Distillery of Douglas. It is quite different to other versions, with a lovely aroma and surprisingly delicious flavour and is our Taste of the Week. Indeed, one non-marmalade eater here has been converted.
The marmalade is available at the Friday Market in Mallow, at Danno’s SuperValu and Lucey’s Butchers (both in Mallow), at Bradley’s of North Main Street (Cork) and at Roughty Fruit (English Market).
See more about St Patrick’s Distillery here.