- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Babies and Toddlers Welcome at Waterford Harvest Festival
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Franciscan Well descends on The Big Grill, with su...
- Exciting Harvest Dining on Waterford Festival Menu
- Coming Up: Murrisk Pattern & Oyster Festival
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- FEAST in THE EAST. Midleton’s Renowned Food Festiv...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Lunch at Nano Nagle Place
- Pearse Lyons Distillery at St. James, Dublin
- Go Off the Eaten Track in Co Limerick during Herit...
- Griffin's Open Late for World Youth Angling Championships
- Old Carrick Mill Discovers A French Connection!
- Bayview Hotel Launches ‘Banquet by the Bay’ Series...
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Taste of the Week
Martin’s Whiskey Marmalade
How about whiskey in a jar? Whiskey for breakfast? An early morning Hair of the Dog maybe?
Martin’s Homemade Jams and Marmalades, from Mallow, have started making a whiskey marmalade with the whiskey coming from St Patrick’s Distillery of Douglas. It is quite different to other versions, with a lovely aroma and surprisingly delicious flavour and is our Taste of the Week. Indeed, one non-marmalade eater here has been converted.
The marmalade is available at the Friday Market in Mallow, at Danno’s SuperValu and Lucey’s Butchers (both in Mallow), at Bradley’s of North Main Street (Cork) and at Roughty Fruit (English Market).
See more about St Patrick’s Distillery here.