- Festival Launch of the Old Butter Roads Food Trail...
- One in five Irish shoppers are regular gluten free...
- The C.A.T. is out!
- The Tavern Lobster Festival on the May weekend
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- On the Pig's Back to open for Sunday brunch/lunch!...
- International Biennial Poster Design Terras Gauda ...
- A Celebration of Milleens Farmhouse Cheese
- Heading for San Sebastián? Top spots for wine and ...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Hayfield Manor Welcomes New General Manager
- Blog Policy
Monday, March 21, 2016
Taste of the Week
Kilmichael Goats Cheese
It comes in simple packaging. Just a round label on top and a wrap of cellophane. But there is a little beauty inside and it is our Taste of the Week. Kilmichael Soft Goats Cheese is made in Terelton, near Macroom, by Brian and Ann Bond. I came across this one in the Fresh from West Cork Cabinet in Bradley’s, North Main Street, Cork, but you will find it in quite a few Farmers Markets as well.
The cheese is made from raw milk, from their mixed herd. It is soft and creamy, as you might imagine, but full of flavour too. And yet the balance of flavour is such that a beginner to goats cheese won't be put off and still there’s enough there to keep you more then happy if you indulge in these cheeses regularly.