- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Marvellous markets for Christmas on Sligo Food Tra...
- Adare Manor Sommelier Chosen For New Zealand Sommi...
- A Celebration of Spiced Beef in Cork Cafés
- BARRY AND FITZWILLIAM ANNOUNCE IRISH DISTRIBUTION ...
- Pudding for Christmas – from Kelly’s of course
- Killian Crowley is S.Pellegrino Young Chef 2018
- Franciscan Well Christmas Experience
- The Mescan Menu at The Tavern Murrisk
- Go Full Irish for Charity
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Monday, March 21, 2016
Taste of the Week
Kilmichael Goats Cheese
It comes in simple packaging. Just a round label on top and a wrap of cellophane. But there is a little beauty inside and it is our Taste of the Week. Kilmichael Soft Goats Cheese is made in Terelton, near Macroom, by Brian and Ann Bond. I came across this one in the Fresh from West Cork Cabinet in Bradley’s, North Main Street, Cork, but you will find it in quite a few Farmers Markets as well.
The cheese is made from raw milk, from their mixed herd. It is soft and creamy, as you might imagine, but full of flavour too. And yet the balance of flavour is such that a beginner to goats cheese won't be put off and still there’s enough there to keep you more then happy if you indulge in these cheeses regularly.