- Munster Wine & Dine. Cotton Ball Brewery May 29th 7.00pm
- Getaway to Lyrath Estate in Kilkenny
- A TOUCH OF NATURE IN AN URBAN RETREAT
- ‘Our Table’ pop up event promises a fusion of flav...
- Dunnes Stores Simply Better Collection Recognised ...
- KERRY STUDENT NAMED 2017/2018 SUPREME APPRENTICE CHEF
- MARKET LANE GROUP FLIES THE FLAG HIGH FOR EMPLOYEE...
- Tio Pepe En Rama has arrived in Ireland!
- Beaujolais on Irish Tour!
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Musgrave MarketPlace delves into Irish dining habi...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- A Mega Meitheal Coming May 2018: Events Calendar for Old Butter Roads Summer Féile
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Taste of the Week
Kerala Buffalo Curry
When staying in a French town, I found there were two essentials that had to be located immediately. One was the Tourist Office and the other was the local traiteur.
The latter was a source of top notch prepared or semi-prepared dishes. And so I was delighted to see a notice in O’Mahony’s Butchers in the English Market quietly proclaiming that they had Kerala Buffalo Curry on offer.
And not alone that. Eoin O’Mahony himself was on hand to offer all the info needed on how to handle the dish at home. Add onions, a can of tomatoes and coconut milk (available a few yards away at Mr Bells). The buffalo meat, from Macroom, looked good and, with the additions and some slow cooking, proved to be a real treat and our Taste of the Week.
Unit 37 Grand Parade side
Tel: 021 4270254