- Old Carrick Mill Discovers A French Connection!
- Bayview Hotel Launches ‘Banquet by the Bay’ Series...
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Launch of A Taste of West Cork Food Festival
- Kinsale Bay Food launch new Bord Bia packaging de...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Saturday, September 22, 2012
India at the Farmgate
Jaipur Restaurant Dublin came to Cork’s Farmgate for Culture Night and their team of chefs got a surprise. “We’re doing okay but no one told us about these queues,” one said. And they did more than alright as the punters flocked in last night. And so too did the Farmgate team, keeping the flow going and organising seating for everyone.
Jaipur showcased the pan-Indian way of serving a complete meal at the local market eateries – The Thaali. Food is a very communal experience in India and Jaipur applied their flair and expertise to recreate the flavours of India in Cork’s historic food market, The English Market.
And, from all around me, I heard the diners praising the essence of ‘India on a Plate’!
The Plate for a tenner:
Samosa & Chole…Punjab
Gram pearl’s Raita with Cumin & Rock Salt Simla
Old Delhi Style Railway Chicken Delhi
Yellow lentils with young garlic, tomatoes and raw mangoes Jaipur
White Cabbage, crushed peas Foogath.....Chennai
Aged Basmati rice with Tellicherry Pepper & thyme Kerala
While, for me, the Farmgate event was the main one, there was a lot more going on in the Market with lines of people building up at every stall that was serving food. Not to mention drink. Bubbles Bothers reported a mad mad night. Maybe we should do it more often!