- Griffins of Dripsey Join Dessert Festival Fun
- Mitchelstown Old Butter Road Event This Weekend!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Munster Wine & Dine. Gubbeen Visit Update!
- Family fun at Westport Food Festival
- The Return of the Campo Viejo Tapas Trail
- A Beginner's Guide To Kitchen Knife Techniques
- Herb Marinated Lamb Chops with Asparagus, Lemon, a...
- GREEN SPACE TO PARTNER MARKET LANE GROUP TO REDUCE FOOD MILES AND FOOD WASTE
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Emporium Raising the Bar in Cork
- Beaujolais trade tasting comes back to Dublin
- The C.A.T. is out!
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
You could be the 2012 Home-Cook Hero and walk away with the award and an incredible €1,500 worth of prizes. Fancy a crack? Then read on.
This nationwide competition is being organised by Easy Food Magazine and is for the Supermoms, Superdads and Superkids out there who are famous in their own house. Have you got that tried and tested recipe that goes down a treat every single time and draws the compliments of regulars and visitors alike?
You will have to specify a category for your recipe. Pick from Best Burger, Catch of the Day, Cáca Milis, Deli-licious, Fabulous Fowl, Larder Luck, Squisito, Start your day..the honey way, Take 5, and Tiny Tastes.
I met Easy Food Magazine‘s Jenny Cotter at the recent Cork Food Fest and she told me all about it and is hoping the word gets around to those hidden kitchen talents: “Amateur cooks of all ages on the island of Ireland are eligible to enter. If your friends, mother, father, grandparents, school or college haven’t heard about this national cookery competition yet, forward the link and persuade them to enter here. You can also nominate anyone you think is a home cook hero!”