- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Le Caveau Artisan Wines Tastings.
- GEORGINA CAMPBELL 2017 IRISH BREAKFAST AWARD WINNE...
- ADRIAN HILLGROVE'S EXECUTIVE HEAD CHEF AT THE MON...
- Festival Launch of the Old Butter Roads Food Trail...
- One in five Irish shoppers are regular gluten free...
- The C.A.T. is out!
- The Tavern Lobster Festival on the May weekend
- On the Pig's Back to open for Sunday brunch/lunch!...
- International Biennial Poster Design Terras Gauda ...
- A Celebration of Milleens Farmhouse Cheese
- Heading for San Sebastián? Top spots for wine and ...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Hayfield Manor Welcomes New General Manager
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
You could be the 2012 Home-Cook Hero and walk away with the award and an incredible €1,500 worth of prizes. Fancy a crack? Then read on.
This nationwide competition is being organised by Easy Food Magazine and is for the Supermoms, Superdads and Superkids out there who are famous in their own house. Have you got that tried and tested recipe that goes down a treat every single time and draws the compliments of regulars and visitors alike?
You will have to specify a category for your recipe. Pick from Best Burger, Catch of the Day, Cáca Milis, Deli-licious, Fabulous Fowl, Larder Luck, Squisito, Start your day..the honey way, Take 5, and Tiny Tastes.
I met Easy Food Magazine‘s Jenny Cotter at the recent Cork Food Fest and she told me all about it and is hoping the word gets around to those hidden kitchen talents: “Amateur cooks of all ages on the island of Ireland are eligible to enter. If your friends, mother, father, grandparents, school or college haven’t heard about this national cookery competition yet, forward the link and persuade them to enter here. You can also nominate anyone you think is a home cook hero!”