- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Franciscan Well's Chieftain IPA takes to the skies...
- Pork Crackling with an Irish Twist. Scratch My Por...
- Wild & Vital ~ Forage, Make, Taste & Learn
- 'FOOD RESCUE' at BALLYVOLANE HOUSE
- HERE NOW! TIO PEPE EN RAMA 2017
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Killarney’s Newest Private Dining Venue - The Pict...
- Clonakilty Walking Food Tour Returns This Summer
- Munster Wine & Dine. Wine Tasting Update!
- Protect our pubs!
- CIT Culinary Arts Students Showcase Unique New Foo...
- Beaujolais trade tasting comes back to Dublin
- GEORGINA CAMPBELL 2017 IRISH BREAKFAST AWARD WINNE...
- Festival Launch of the Old Butter Roads Food Trail...
- The C.A.T. is out!
- On the Pig's Back to open for Sunday brunch/lunch!...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Monday, April 4, 2011
Classic Irish Dish Gets New Mexico Twist in this guest post by Steve Collins
LAMB AND EGGPLANT SHEPHERD’S PIE
Shepherd’s pie is a classic Irish pub dish. The best ones are a braise of meat and vegetables covered with a layer of cheddary mashed potatoes and baked until a crust forms and the gravy bubbles. This one uses lamb and eggplant because they go so well together. Because I’m from Santa Fe, NM, I couldn’t resist adding some dried ancho and chipotle for a bit of spice. Enjoy this with a substantial ale and good craic.
Eggplant Lamb Shepherd’s Pie
1 eggplant, peeled and