- Kinsale Bay Food launch new Bord Bia packaging de...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Griffins of Dripsey Join Dessert Festival Fun
- GREEN SPACE TO PARTNER MARKET LANE GROUP TO REDUCE FOOD MILES AND FOOD WASTE
- Beaujolais trade tasting comes back to Dublin
- Blog Policy
Monday, April 4, 2011
Classic Irish Dish Gets New Mexico Twist in this guest post by Steve Collins
LAMB AND EGGPLANT SHEPHERD’S PIE
Shepherd’s pie is a classic Irish pub dish. The best ones are a braise of meat and vegetables covered with a layer of cheddary mashed potatoes and baked until a crust forms and the gravy bubbles. This one uses lamb and eggplant because they go so well together. Because I’m from Santa Fe, NM, I couldn’t resist adding some dried ancho and chipotle for a bit of spice. Enjoy this with a substantial ale and good craic.
Eggplant Lamb Shepherd’s Pie
1 eggplant, peeled and