- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Clonakilty - Ireland’s Premier Foodie Town
- Coming Up Soon at L’Atitude 51
- Valentine Lamb Steaks. Route to the heart!
- Munster Wine & Dine Launch Next Week
- Irish Chef “first up” at UK’s “Best Dressed Oyster...
- Kitchen Dialogues. Invite from Mugaritz, Euro-Toqu...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at Cork's Hayfield Man...
- Come to the Castle with Kate & Caitlin
- Brent Pope launches Wolf Blass Rugby Range.
- Butcher Seán Kelly is Mayo Person of the Year
- Annam's Indian Cooking Classes
- Coming to the Volxküche? The People's Kitchen?
- Food Markets, Festivals, Visits, Events. Cork & Ireland
- Jamie Goode features in Beaujolais 2017 Irish cam...
- Blog Policy
Monday, April 4, 2011
Classic Irish Dish Gets New Mexico Twist in this guest post by Steve Collins
LAMB AND EGGPLANT SHEPHERD’S PIE
Shepherd’s pie is a classic Irish pub dish. The best ones are a braise of meat and vegetables covered with a layer of cheddary mashed potatoes and baked until a crust forms and the gravy bubbles. This one uses lamb and eggplant because they go so well together. Because I’m from Santa Fe, NM, I couldn’t resist adding some dried ancho and chipotle for a bit of spice. Enjoy this with a substantial ale and good craic.
Eggplant Lamb Shepherd’s Pie
1 eggplant, peeled and