- Franciscan Well Christmas Experience
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Of Mice and Mayors and Mulled Wine. Music too for ...
- FANAH-FEST: An Eight Degrees Brewing Beer & Music ...
- Flavours of New Zealand
- Upcoming Masterclasses at CLIFF Academy
- Culinary Match. Market Lane Group and CIT'S Touris...
- The Mescan Menu at The Tavern Murrisk
- Mallow Christmas Food and Craft Family Fair
- Dunnes Stores Awarded Irish Quality Food Retailer ...
- Update on "An Afternoon in Ballymaloe House including Sunday Lunch"
- ROZANNA PURCELL & LIFEWAY KEFIR PARTNER TO PROMOTE...
- All the Cheese Champions for 2017
- Go Full Irish for Charity
- Listowel Food Fair Honours Georgina Campbell
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Flor de Viseu, Selection Branco 2012, Dão (Portugal), 12.5%, €12.99/13.99 Wine Alliance Stockists.
Must admit I know very little about Encruzado, Cerceal Branco and Malvasia Fina, three Portuguese grapes. What I do know now is when you skillfully blend the three, as has been done here, you’ll have a lovely crispy zesty white wine in your hands, a Very Highly Recommended one. This is so good, I have no hesitation whatsoever in adding it to my (rather skimpy) 2014 recommendations.
Colour may well be a bit on the pale side but the aromas are inviting. And, once you have it on the palate, you'll know you have a good thing. Fruitiness and freshness combine, reaching all parts and then you have a gorgeous lingering finish.
They recommend serving it at 8 degrees centigrade. Advice worth taking. Certainly, don’t serve it at anything under it or you'll risk losing some of those beautiful flavours.