- The Good Value Wine List
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Franciscan Well Hosts Spirits Fest On Good Friday
- Exploding Tree launches Cocoa Husk Tea. An energiz...
- Breakfast cereal, flour, bread and more - Oats!
- Airfield: Fish. Fire and Grill.
- It’s the Year of the Dog – at The Draft House, Str...
- Fourcorners Begins Distribution Partnership with W...
- Celebrate at Glenlo Abbey Hotel
- Market Lane Group's new 'Chef Session' Pops Up on ...
- Slow Food East Cork. Coming: Prof Ted Dinan; Bronw...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Easter at The K Club. Eggs. And Golf!
- Georgina Campbell’s Ireland - The Best of the Best
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
Taste of the WeekDe Róiste 6 Minute Breakfast
De Róiste, based in Baile Bhuirne, are perhaps best known for their black and white puddings, made in the traditional way with fresh pork and fresh blood. The products are widely available and you’ll also come across them at markets and food fairs.
And indeed, that was how I came across their Breakfast Loaf, one of their newer products, which they were exhibiting at the Cork Summer Show last weekend. This, our Taste of the Week, is more or less the full Irish, containing streaky rashers, sausage meat, black and white pudding, egg and mushrooms.
It is sold in a pack that contains two slices and I'd recommended that you should always have a pack or two in the fridge. Cooking is simple and very quick, fry or grill, just 2 to 3 minutes for each side, and there you have a satisfying breakfast or lunch, especially if you add a slice or two of brown bread or a salad. No brown bread? Use a bun!