- Sligo Food Trail launches Taste of Spring Feast
- The Good Value Wine List
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Rosie Fortescue to judge the Bollinger Best Dresse...
- Argentine Wine Fair 11th April
- IRISH EYES ARE SMILIGN!
- West Cork Farm Tours – An authentic grass roots, I...
- “Salt of the Earth” art exhibition for budding art...
- Eight Degrees: now in cans, with new beer and awar...
- Fourcorners Bring US Brewing Giants Ballast Point ...
- Munster Wine & Dine. Coming Soon. The Wine Walk. W...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Ladies’ Day at the Mustard Seed in Ballingarry, Co...
- Paradiso is 25 and celebrating!
- Easter at The K Club. Eggs. And Golf!
- Blog Policy
Friday, May 10, 2013
Irish Foodie Coffee Shop. And more!
Called into the Irish Foodie Coffee Shop in Blackpool the other day. It is very convenient, so close to the shopping centre and just next door to South Doc on the Commons Road side. You get a warm welcome here from Theresa and her daughter Caroline. You also get great value. For instance, a regular tea or coffee and a scone (with butter, jam and cream) costs just three euro!
They have had their problems. Only last June, their original café, just around the corner, was the victim of those awful floods and knocked them out for a while. But they bounced back and, since November, have been operating out of this building, bright on the outside and bright and spacious inside.
And it is really colourful inside as one part of the premises is where they operate their long standing flower business. They have flowers for all occasions. And even a selection of chocolates to go with the flowers if that occasion is romantic.
After a chat with Theresa, we were taken care by Caroline who prepared my toasted Panini and CL’s Wrap. We had lots of choices as to what was to go into them, all nicely laid out and easy to see. Lots of sweet stuff too in another glass cabinet alongside. We enjoyed our lunch along with a terrific pot of Barry’s Tea.
Location: Millfield Business Park (Sunbeam), Blackpool, Cork
Hours: Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat: 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Phone: (021) 439 7870