- Franciscan Well descends on The Big Grill, with su...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Exciting Harvest Dining on Waterford Festival Menu
- Coming Up: Murrisk Pattern & Oyster Festival
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- FEAST in THE EAST. Midleton’s Renowned Food Festiv...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Lunch at Nano Nagle Place
- Pearse Lyons Distillery at St. James, Dublin
- Go Off the Eaten Track in Co Limerick during Herit...
- Griffin's Open Late for World Youth Angling Championships
- Old Carrick Mill Discovers A French Connection!
- Bayview Hotel Launches ‘Banquet by the Bay’ Series...
- Blog Policy
Friday, May 10, 2013
Irish Foodie Coffee Shop. And more!
Called into the Irish Foodie Coffee Shop in Blackpool the other day. It is very convenient, so close to the shopping centre and just next door to South Doc on the Commons Road side. You get a warm welcome here from Theresa and her daughter Caroline. You also get great value. For instance, a regular tea or coffee and a scone (with butter, jam and cream) costs just three euro!
They have had their problems. Only last June, their original café, just around the corner, was the victim of those awful floods and knocked them out for a while. But they bounced back and, since November, have been operating out of this building, bright on the outside and bright and spacious inside.
And it is really colourful inside as one part of the premises is where they operate their long standing flower business. They have flowers for all occasions. And even a selection of chocolates to go with the flowers if that occasion is romantic.
After a chat with Theresa, we were taken care by Caroline who prepared my toasted Panini and CL’s Wrap. We had lots of choices as to what was to go into them, all nicely laid out and easy to see. Lots of sweet stuff too in another glass cabinet alongside. We enjoyed our lunch along with a terrific pot of Barry’s Tea.
Location: Millfield Business Park (Sunbeam), Blackpool, Cork
Hours: Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat: 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Phone: (021) 439 7870