Chefs are invited to simply upload their recipes with photos to
www.ConoSurChefChallenge.com to be in with a chance to win a first class trip for two to Paris for a gourmet weekend away.
Entries close on Friday 6th May.
Five semi-finalists will then be chosen for a “cook-off” on Wednesday 1st June at the Pallas Foods, Foods Solution Centre in Dublin, where a select panel of judges will choose the top three chefs to go through to the exciting finale held on Monday 13th June.
Then, judges at the final will be assisted by Cono Sur General Manager and Chief Winemaker Adolfo Hurtado, who will have the last word on which recipe is the best match for his beloved 20 Barrels range.
For more information visit www.ConoSurChefChallenge.com.
In 1996 Cono Sur decided to tackle the challenge of making their first ultra premium wine; the chosen variety was Pinot Noir and for its inaugural production they set apart 20 barrels of the best fruit the '96 vintage had provided.
This exquisite range’s name was coined after those 20 initial barrels. Pinot Noir was soon followed by other varieties, with Sauvignon Blanc joining the range in 2005.
Since then the wines have won numerous prestigious awards, such as:
Cono Sur 20 Barrels Sauvignon Blanc
- Gold, Global Sauvignon Blanc Masters 2014
- 90 points and #4 in Decanter's Top 50 2015
- 95 Points, Descorchados 2015 + Best from Casablanca
- 95 Points, Descorchados 2016 + Among the Best White Wines + Among the Best Wines from Casablanca
- 90 Points, Wine Advocate 2014
- Gold, Japan Wine Challenge 2014
Cono Sur 20 Barrels Pinot Noir
- 91 Points, JamesSuckling.com 2015
- 91 Points, Descorchados 2015
- 91 Points, Wine Advocate 2014
- Double Gold, Sakura 2015
- Silver, Japan Wine Challenge 2014
The Cono Sur 20 Barrels Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir retail at €24.99 and are available from premium independent off-licences nationwide.