- Franciscan Well Christmas Experience
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Of Mice and Mayors and Mulled Wine. Music too for ...
- FANAH-FEST: An Eight Degrees Brewing Beer & Music ...
- Flavours of New Zealand
- Upcoming Masterclasses at CLIFF Academy
- Culinary Match. Market Lane Group and CIT'S Touris...
- The Mescan Menu at The Tavern Murrisk
- Mallow Christmas Food and Craft Family Fair
- Dunnes Stores Awarded Irish Quality Food Retailer ...
- Update on "An Afternoon in Ballymaloe House including Sunday Lunch"
- ROZANNA PURCELL & LIFEWAY KEFIR PARTNER TO PROMOTE...
- All the Cheese Champions for 2017
- Go Full Irish for Charity
- Listowel Food Fair Honours Georgina Campbell
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Bo Barrett of Chateau Montelena, Napa Valley, California, at The Grain Store at Ballymaloe House, on Friday 7th February, 7pm. €18
Colm McCann has been on to say how much Ballymaloe are looking forward to welcoming Bo and Heidi Barrett for a wine presentation and tasting,
After the wine tasting, everyone is welcome to stay on for the screening of the movie ‘Bottle Shock’, a film made about Chateau Montelena, which will be screened on the full theatre size screen in The Grain Store. In 1976, Montelena, then a small American winery, bested the exalted French wines of the time and sent the wine industry into a tizzy - putting California wines on the map for good.
Now, one of the world's finest estates, Chateau Montelena produced the winning white wine in that infamous 'Judgement of Paris' tasting of 1976. Now known as much for their long- lived Cabernet Sauvignon as for their Chardonnay, Chateau Montelena is undoubtedly one of Napa Valley's finest ambassadors and one of the world’s great producers.
For further information, and to reserve places, please contact Colm 086 0859034 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org