- The C.A.T. is out!
- The Tavern Lobster Festival on the May weekend
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- On the Pig's Back to open for Sunday brunch/lunch!...
- International Biennial Poster Design Terras Gauda ...
- A Celebration of Milleens Farmhouse Cheese
- Georgina Campbell Irish Breakfast Awards 2017
- Food Waste Workshop Apr 24th
- Heading for San Sebastián? Top spots for wine and ...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- NOMINATIONS OPEN FOR THE BASQUE CULINARY WORLD PRI...
- Hayfield Manor Welcomes New General Manager
- Food safety: simpler rules proposed for small reta...
- Blog Policy
Monday, February 28, 2011
The Market itself was buzzing this Saturday morning, particularly busy at On the Pig’s Back and also upstairs in the Farmgate Cafe.
Needing a coffee boost, we headed for this comfortable little spot that uses the Irish language a good deal, at least in its literature. Anraith by the way means soup or broth.
We were after coffee and scones and it cost us a reasonable €6.60 for a pair of each. The Gaggia coffee was fine as were the scones and so too was the service. So it was a couple of refreshed and pleased customers that left after a nice sos beag (little break).