- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Franciscan Well's Chieftain IPA takes to the skies...
- Pork Crackling with an Irish Twist. Scratch My Por...
- Wild & Vital ~ Forage, Make, Taste & Learn
- 'FOOD RESCUE' at BALLYVOLANE HOUSE
- HERE NOW! TIO PEPE EN RAMA 2017
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Killarney’s Newest Private Dining Venue - The Pict...
- Clonakilty Walking Food Tour Returns This Summer
- Munster Wine & Dine. Wine Tasting Update!
- Protect our pubs!
- CIT Culinary Arts Students Showcase Unique New Foo...
- Beaujolais trade tasting comes back to Dublin
- GEORGINA CAMPBELL 2017 IRISH BREAKFAST AWARD WINNE...
- Festival Launch of the Old Butter Roads Food Trail...
- The C.A.T. is out!
- On the Pig's Back to open for Sunday brunch/lunch!...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Thursday, March 3, 2011
BRADLEY’S BARGAIN VIA BROWN BROTHERS
Brown Brothers Sangiovese Heathcote 2005 14.5% - Bradley’s (€5.99) ****
From the ancient soil of the Heathcote comes a bargain for the recession and a tasty one at that. This Sangiovese beauty from Australia has been marked down from €13.99 to 5.99.
It is an inviting medium red colour and draws you in further with a black cherry nose, with hints of liquorice. This medium bodied wine tastes of the black fruit. No real feel of tannins in the mouth but they are there and playing their role in a well balanced easy drinking wine, made from the same grape as Italy’s Chianti. Don't let the medium body take you in: it packs a 14.5 per cent punch.
Take your time with the wine but hurry up if you want to get it as stocks of this special bin end are limited and it is proving very popular indeed.