- Old Carrick Mill Discovers A French Connection!
- Bayview Hotel Launches ‘Banquet by the Bay’ Series...
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Launch of A Taste of West Cork Food Festival
- Kinsale Bay Food launch new Bord Bia packaging de...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Thursday, March 3, 2011
BRADLEY’S BARGAIN VIA BROWN BROTHERS
Brown Brothers Sangiovese Heathcote 2005 14.5% - Bradley’s (€5.99) ****
From the ancient soil of the Heathcote comes a bargain for the recession and a tasty one at that. This Sangiovese beauty from Australia has been marked down from €13.99 to 5.99.
It is an inviting medium red colour and draws you in further with a black cherry nose, with hints of liquorice. This medium bodied wine tastes of the black fruit. No real feel of tannins in the mouth but they are there and playing their role in a well balanced easy drinking wine, made from the same grape as Italy’s Chianti. Don't let the medium body take you in: it packs a 14.5 per cent punch.
Take your time with the wine but hurry up if you want to get it as stocks of this special bin end are limited and it is proving very popular indeed.