- Pork Crackling with an Irish Twist. Scratch My Por...
- Wild & Vital ~ Forage, Make, Taste & Learn
- 'FOOD RESCUE' at BALLYVOLANE HOUSE
- HERE NOW! TIO PEPE EN RAMA 2017
- Killarney’s Newest Private Dining Venue - The Pict...
- Clonakilty Walking Food Tour Returns This Summer
- Munster Wine & Dine. Wine Tasting Next!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- World Whiskey Day's Just Ahead!
- Protect our pubs!
- CIT Culinary Arts Students Showcase Unique New Foo...
- Beaujolais trade tasting comes back to Dublin
- GEORGINA CAMPBELL 2017 IRISH BREAKFAST AWARD WINNE...
- Festival Launch of the Old Butter Roads Food Trail...
- The C.A.T. is out!
- On the Pig's Back to open for Sunday brunch/lunch!...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Bo Barrett of Chateau Montelena, Napa Valley, California, at The Grain Store at Ballymaloe House, on Friday 7th February, 7pm. €18
Colm McCann has been on to say how much Ballymaloe are looking forward to welcoming Bo and Heidi Barrett for a wine presentation and tasting,
After the wine tasting, everyone is welcome to stay on for the screening of the movie ‘Bottle Shock’, a film made about Chateau Montelena, which will be screened on the full theatre size screen in The Grain Store. In 1976, Montelena, then a small American winery, bested the exalted French wines of the time and sent the wine industry into a tizzy - putting California wines on the map for good.
Now, one of the world's finest estates, Chateau Montelena produced the winning white wine in that infamous 'Judgement of Paris' tasting of 1976. Now known as much for their long- lived Cabernet Sauvignon as for their Chardonnay, Chateau Montelena is undoubtedly one of Napa Valley's finest ambassadors and one of the world’s great producers.
For further information, and to reserve places, please contact Colm 086 0859034 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org