- Stojo - The On-the-Go Collapsible Cup
- WINTER WARMER AT LYRATH ESTATE
- A Simply Better Christmas
- Dress up Fancy for Saturday's Killavullen Farmers ...
- Cork’s Cask Bar and Greenes Restaurant Win Top Awa...
- West Cork Underwater Search & Rescue Fundraising G...
- Iconic Ha’penny Bridge inspires new handcrafted small-batch spirits range
- Granny Griffin Wins at Blas na hEireann 2018 In Di...
- Gold for Horgans at Blas Na hEireann
- Blas na hÉireann 2018 winners announced - 53 from ...
- GRAHAM’S winniGN WAYS WITH WOMEN
- City Hall Heats Up for 10th Annual Cork and Kerry ...
- FALLING FOR US- AUTUMN AT LYRATH ESTATE
- Mellow Fruitfulness at Cahernane House Hotel
- Cork Cheese Week Latest
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Cork Food Policy Council Presents Cork Food Harvest Festival 2018
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Taste of the Week
Ruth Healy has long been an unofficial champion of local food and, in recent years, she’s actually an official food champion, a Failte Ireland Food Champion.
Failte say: Ruth Healy brings people together – shopkeepers, sellers, producers, restaurateurs, eaters – and she champions the food of West Cork by providing the link. A pivotal member of Slowfood West Cork, a founder of Bandon Farmers Market and Bandon Food Trail, the centre of all her activity is her ‘Culinary Store’ URRU.
Ruth’s shop in Bandon, URRU, is well stocked with the best of Irish, the best of local. So it was no surprise when I picked up a jar of honey, it was from Bandon and produced by Robert McCutcheon and his bees. Can’t get more local than that!
It is marked with the seal of the Federation of Irish Beekeepers Associations and it is pretty good stuff, full of flavour with a great viscous texture, and is our Taste of the Week.