|Joe's Farm Crisp: Beetroot, Parsnip and Carrot.|
- Fourcorners Begins Distribution Partnership with W...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Celebrate at Glenlo Abbey Hotel
- Market Lane Group's new 'Chef Session' Pops Up on ...
- Slow Food East Cork. Coming: Prof Ted Dinan; Bronw...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Easter at The K Club. Eggs. And Golf!
- Georgina Campbell’s Ireland - The Best of the Best
- Blog Policy
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Joe's Farm Crisps
In recent weeks, a brown paper bag has appeared among the potatoes and the cabbages. Its humble appearance hides a tasty gem, dozens of them. I missed out once or twice before getting my hands on a bag of Joe's Farm Crisps, grown and cooked on the farm by Sandra Burns.
Must admit I did't know quite what to expect and was delighted with them, very flavoursome crisps indeed. Made from beetroot, parsnip and carrot, they are delicious and our Taste of the Week! Check them out at the markets or contact the farm at 087-6329334 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, January 1, 2010
Hard to beat fresh vegetables, just out of the ground. And what a display the Burns family (from Mt Uniacke, Killeagh) had at the Mahon farmers market on a recent frosty morning.
No artificial lights. But there was more than enough illumination in the low sun. The display and the obvious health of the veg was irresistible and soon the bag was full with Brussels sprouts, celery, carrots and gleaming cauliflowers.
Reminded me of the days when I grew my own, pulled them, cleaned them and put them into the pot!
Check out my review of BALLYCURRAGINNY FARM - I am cork - on Qype