- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Le Caveau Artisan Wines Tastings.
- GEORGINA CAMPBELL 2017 IRISH BREAKFAST AWARD WINNE...
- ADRIAN HILLGROVE'S EXECUTIVE HEAD CHEF AT THE MON...
- Festival Launch of the Old Butter Roads Food Trail...
- One in five Irish shoppers are regular gluten free...
- The C.A.T. is out!
- The Tavern Lobster Festival on the May weekend
- On the Pig's Back to open for Sunday brunch/lunch!...
- International Biennial Poster Design Terras Gauda ...
- A Celebration of Milleens Farmhouse Cheese
- Heading for San Sebastián? Top spots for wine and ...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Hayfield Manor Welcomes New General Manager
- Blog Policy
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Chardonnay and a compatible partner
Adega de Pegoes, Chardonnay Arinto 2010, Portugal, 13%, €14.00-16.00 stockists.
Colour is a light straw and the nose is aromatic, vibrant and fruity. On the palate, it is vivacious, dry with nicely rounded tropical fruit with a persistent dry finish.
This well made blend, Adega de Pegoes, comes from the Setubal Peninsula and is a fifty partnership between the well accomplished international traveller Chardonnay and the versatile native grape Arinto. Unusually, for the Spanish/Portuguese area, it comes with a cork closure. A good wine at a good price. Highly recommended.
· Many of you will be glad to hear that the Californian Wine Tasting is back in Cork again this year. The consumer event will be held on the evening of Monday April 30th, from 6 - 7.30pm, in conjunction with Easy Food Magazine.