Taste Cork have been in touch.....
Introducing the Festival Launch of the
Old Butter Roads Food Trail
- Butter making demonstrations at Cork Butter Museum. at the
- Talks between 2pm of Hydro Farm Allotments near Tower on the importance of growing food. at the
- A pony and trap will leave the Hydro Farm Allotments to deliver milk churns, the symbols of the Old Butter Roads, to businesses involved in Blarney on the afternoon about and be displayed by businesses involved in the Food Trail throughout the year.
- Formal launch: Michael Creed the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine, at the Church of Ireland, Blarney at on the , followed by talk on the history of the Butter Road and food tasting from the producers and eateries of the trail. Film made by RTE called the Butter Road will be then projected in the Old Blarney Post Office Café.
- The final of Gab Storytelling Competition on the topic of Butter Roads and other food related stories will take place at in the Church of the Resurrection, Blarney. Doors will open at and storytelling starts .
- Smokin’ Good Times event at at the Old Blarney Post Office Café showcasing smoked produce of the area. Guest speakers include Tim McCarthy of Kanturk, Patrick Mulcahy of Ballinwillin House and Longueville Cider makers.
- The Square Table restaurant Blarney will be hosting a food event at . It is a tasting menu which will showcase all the producers on the Old Butter Road Food Trail.
- The Farm in Grenagh is holding an open weekend with
butter making demonstrations.
- ‘Walk & talk’ with Tom O’Byrne at at the Clogheenmilcon Sanctuary on the importance of ecology.
- Old Butter Road Cookery Demonstation at , Blairs Inn.