- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Argentine Wine Fair 11th April
- IRISH EYES ARE SMILIGN!
- West Cork Farm Tours – An authentic grass roots, I...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- “Salt of the Earth” art exhibition for budding art...
- The Good Value Wine List
- Eight Degrees: now in cans, with new beer and awar...
- Fourcorners Bring US Brewing Giants Ballast Point ...
- Munster Wine & Dine. Coming Soon. The Wine Walk. W...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ladies’ Day at the Mustard Seed in Ballingarry, Co...
- Paradiso is 25 and celebrating!
- Easter at The K Club. Eggs. And Golf!
- Blog Policy
Paradiso is 25 and celebrating!
Paradiso is 25 and we're celebrating!
We are proud and excited to let you know that, in 2018, Paradiso is celebrating 25 years in business, and we would appreciate any help that you can give us in putting the news into public awareness.
25 is quite an age for any restaurant in a famously volatile industry, but perhaps especially so for one walking its own unique path of creative vegetarian cuisine. Over a quarter of a century, Paradiso has gone from being something of a noisy upstart of a cafe to a mature (ish), sophisticated (ish) institution of the Cork and national food scenes. Along the way, it has been a quiet groundbreaker in the move towards supporting local produce and in the growing development of and respect for plant-based cuisine, but always with flavour, pleasure and happy customers as the driving principle.
Of course, we’re delighted to have made it this far, but more than survival, we are proud that Paradiso remains dynamic, creative and forward thinking, and we will be bringing that same attitude to the next twenty five.
Meanwhile, we will be celebrating throughout this year with a range of events centred on the number 25…from the likes of spontaneous freebies to the 25th customer on random nights to multi-course dinners priced at €25.
We will also be revisiting our past repertoire, pulling out classics to drop into current menus, sometimes straight up, sometimes re-imagined by our young kitchen crew, most of whom were in nappies when the dishes first saw light of day.
We recommend keeping an eye on our social media for announcements through the year, but for now we can say that the first event will be a Spring Dinner on Tuesday 20th March…5 courses at €25. Tickets are very limited and can be purchased by phone only at 0214277939.