- FYFFES CELEBRATES 130 YEARS
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Cork Food Policy Council Presents Cork Food Harves...
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Kelly’s Puddings go ‘All Ireland’ with Lidl
- Munster Wine & Dine. Baltimore & Longueville on the Autumn Agenda.
- A fantastic week at Feast Cork 2018
- INTRODUCING CRUST, WEXFORD. A true Neapolitan Piz...
- Catalan Theme at next Market Lane Chef Sessions
- CHEF’S TABLE - SEASONS 5 & 6
- Franciscan Well wins Best Tourist Bar in Ireland
- Waterford Harvest Festival brings taste-bud tingling, foodie fun to the city
- Cliff House Hotel to host Harty’s Oyster Tour & Su...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Dunnes Stores Simply Better Collection wins ‘Own Label Brand of the Year’ at the Food & Drink Business Awards 2018
- Market Lane Group Helps Keep Youth Rowing Programme Afloat
- Blog Policy
- DERRY CLARKE & GARY O’HANLON TO HEADLINE STRANDHI...
Paradiso is 25 and celebrating!
Paradiso is 25 and we're celebrating!
We are proud and excited to let you know that, in 2018, Paradiso is celebrating 25 years in business, and we would appreciate any help that you can give us in putting the news into public awareness.
25 is quite an age for any restaurant in a famously volatile industry, but perhaps especially so for one walking its own unique path of creative vegetarian cuisine. Over a quarter of a century, Paradiso has gone from being something of a noisy upstart of a cafe to a mature (ish), sophisticated (ish) institution of the Cork and national food scenes. Along the way, it has been a quiet groundbreaker in the move towards supporting local produce and in the growing development of and respect for plant-based cuisine, but always with flavour, pleasure and happy customers as the driving principle.
Of course, we’re delighted to have made it this far, but more than survival, we are proud that Paradiso remains dynamic, creative and forward thinking, and we will be bringing that same attitude to the next twenty five.
Meanwhile, we will be celebrating throughout this year with a range of events centred on the number 25…from the likes of spontaneous freebies to the 25th customer on random nights to multi-course dinners priced at €25.
We will also be revisiting our past repertoire, pulling out classics to drop into current menus, sometimes straight up, sometimes re-imagined by our young kitchen crew, most of whom were in nappies when the dishes first saw light of day.
We recommend keeping an eye on our social media for announcements through the year, but for now we can say that the first event will be a Spring Dinner on Tuesday 20th March…5 courses at €25. Tickets are very limited and can be purchased by phone only at 0214277939.