- BE OUR GUEST! CORK’S LONG TABLE DINNER RETURNS
- A Mega Meitheal Coming May 2018: Events Calendar for Old Butter Roads Summer Féile
- Kelly’s Butchers take breakfast by storm. Georgina...
- New Irish pot still gin, bursting with Mediterrane...
- Musgrave MarketPlace donates over 250,000 meals to...
- Munster Wine & Dine. Coming Soon. An evening at Killahora Orchards
- EU launches European Capital of Smart Tourism
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Franciscan Well Springs into Summer
- IRISH EYES ARE SMILIGN!
- West Cork Farm Tours – An authentic grass roots, I...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
IRISH EYES ARE SMILIGN!
IRISH EYES ARE SMILIGN!
This Saint Patrick’s weekend lets pay a tribute to the "Wine Geese" , the emigrant Irish families who, from the 17th century onwards, played significant and enduring roles in the global development of wine.
The Wine Geese have a new alumni, Cork native and chat show king, Graham Norton. Graham joined the illustrious ranks of the global Irish wine diaspora in 2014 with the release of the first vintage of Graham Norton’s Own Sauvignon Blanc.
For his first vintage, New Zealand winery Invivo flew fresh picked Sauvignon Blanc grapes from Marlborough to London, to be squashed by Graham’s feet. That first wine was only available in New Zealand and sold out 14,000 bottles in a number of days
However, the GeNie was out of the bottle, the 2015 Vintage garnered a number of awards including 90 points from Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate, Silver Medals at the International Wine & Spirit competition and International Wine Challenge in London and a Double Gold at the 2015 China Wine & Spirits Awards. It was the was the first vintage to be released in Ireland and it sold out fast!
In 2016 a star was born, that vintage, grown in Marlborough, blended in Bantry was a sell out! By 2017 one in every 10 bottles of NZ wine sold in Ireland was a Graham Norton wine.
Here is full blending session in Ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Each vintage Graham has teamed up with his with New Zealand wine partners, Invivo to choose his blend in a fun video (released when the vintage is released).
The Graham Norton range has expanded to include a Rosé and a Shiraz. The range continues to grow to meet the growing demand by the Irish consumer for GN wines, watch out for the latest addition to the range due for release in late Spring 2018 Graham Norton’s Own Prosecco.
Graham’s wines have now won over 50 medals including a trophy at the UK’s People’s Choice Awards, gold at the Global Sauvignon Masters, US publication Wine Advocate has also awarded Graham’s Sauvignon 90 points and the Graham Norton Sauvignon has been chosen for Qantas Business class.
They hope to sell 3 million bottles of Graham’s wines in 2018. Graham Norton Wines are available at Supervalu, Centra, Tesco & Joyces of Knocknacarra, Galway. RRP €14.99
For more details about Invivo see below