- “Tum Ease” is Listowel Judges’ Cup of Tea
- Cork & Kerry Agree Local Produce is Better
- Barnabrow Gourmet Evening. Always a Special One!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Quinola Mothergrain News. Includes 5 quinoa recipe...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Afternoon Tea event at Hayfield Manor with Cantate...
- An indulgent evening with 8 Sligo Food Trail chef...
- The Wild Honey Inn gets Michelin Star!
- Over €6000 was raised for 2 charities in Griffins 5th Annual Charity Cycle
- Persia to West Cork via Galway's Mitzi’s Mezze
- How CIT's Department of Tourism & Hospitality is r...
- KeepCup. Keep Reusing. October is the Month to sta...
- World BBQ is coming to Limerick Town
- Sligo's Gala Harvest Feast
- Cliff Townhouse Oyster Fest takes place from 7th –...
- Griffins to reduce environmental Footprint with Ne...
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Persia to West Cork via Galway's Mitzi’s Mezze
Flavour.ie brings a flavour of Persia to West Cork with Galway-based Levantine food specialist Mitzi’s Mezze.
City of Tribes and the Rebel County join together for an evening of Persian inspired food and drink with their new event, PERSIANA.
When & Where: Saturday 14th October 2017, 7.30pm, Tots Pub, Ballygurteen, West Cork
It's been quite a year for Flavour.ie with successful pop up events that make the most of collaborations with talented chefs from across Cork, dining in castles, barns, art studios, around the fire and on the beach.
The next food adventure for Flavour.ie is one that explores my favourite of all cuisine: Levant. Levant food stretches from the Eastern Mediterranean and Turkey to North Africa and into the Persian countries of Iran, Iraq and beyond. It's a food that it epitomised by fresh vegetables, aromatic spices, sweet fruits and exotic scents of rose.
Flavour.ie is delighted to welcome to West Cork from Galway Levantine specialist Mitzi’s Mezze as we explore the flavours, texture and music inspired by the flavours of Persia in “Persiana”.
Mary Toomey is the driving force behind Mitzi's Mezze based in Galway on Ireland's West Coast. Kate Ryan of Flavour.ie said, “Mary created Mitzi's Mezze as a way of sharing her love of Middle Eastern cuisine created using the best of Irish food. Starting out as a Supper Club, Mitzi's Mezze quickly grew on a reputation of fantastic food, authentically prepared using recipes that are meticulously researched, tried and tested. Mitzi’s Mezze is now recognised for her unique style producing excellent food catering for events, cookery demonstrations and classes. I am delighted to host Mary to West Cork in an event that excites my taste buds enormously and I hope will do yours too.”
In this event, we will be giving centre stage to glorious vegetables. Ireland in October is in the throes of harvest as we prepare for our winter ahead. This time of year is perfect for celebrating Vegetables with dishes that sing of the summer gone by and in anticipation of the summer to come, and the best of the Autumn bounty.
You can choose to go Fully Veggie or A Bit Meaty. Levant food is a style that easily lends itself to tasty vegetarian food so guests can select on booking to have either a 100% vegetarian meal or go a bit meaty for the main course.
Mitzi’s Mezze has created a menu that will pack punches of flavour into every bite, and to satisfy your musical taste buds, a West Cork based drumming group will welcome guests and get everyone into the spirit of the evening, and DJ Paul Cullen will once again produce a Music Menu to accompany our Food Menu!
Where: Tots Pub, Ballygurteen, West Cork (10 mins from Clonakilty)
Tickets: €50pp including a multi-course feast of 6 mezze, 2 mains with salads, dessert, petit fours and homemade blended tea/coffee, welcome drink, gift, recipe sheets and music. Guests can choose between a totally vegetarian menu or a meat main course when booking.