The cocoa beans sourced by Exploding Tree are grown by Fairtrade farming co-operative Kuapa Kokoo in Ghana, West Africa, then shipped to their small but perfectly formed bean-to-bar factory in West Cork, Ireland.
- Caffeine-free Cocoa Beans are rich in a stimulant called Theobromine. Often mistaken for caffeine, it acts to give you sustained energy over a long time, and unlike caffeine is not followed by a crash. Fuel up once and go all day!
- Rich in Essential Nutrients and Antioxidants ORAC is the standard used to measure antioxidant value. Our Cocoa Husk Tea has six-times the Oxygen Radical Absorbancy Capacity of green tea! It is also a source of vitamin E (important for cell regeneration), and high in zinc, iron, manganese (good for healthy bone maintenance), copper (good for keeping red blood cells, nervous and immune systems healthy) and chromium (good for keeping bodily functions in balance).
- The husk contains heart-healthy cocoa butter, good for circulation and digestion.
- Ethical and traceable supply chains are a mainstay at Exploding Tree, Cocoa Husk Tea is 100% Fairtrade certified.
- All of our packaging is 100% biodegradable.
- Spent tea leaves make a nutrient-rich compost for your garden!
|Allison (centre) in Ghana with farmers|
Small businesses thrive when they work together. Here are some of the projects Allison has collaborated with…
- Blacks of Kinsale to provide cocoa husk for brewing their End of the World Imperial Chocolate Stout;
- Robyn’s Handmade Soaps make goats milk and cocoa husk soaps;
- Cocoa Husk Designs use our “flat” cocoa beans and hessian to make chocolate meditation cushions;
- A variety of local projects have used our surplus hessian cocoa sacks: from Samhain Festival costumes, to outdoor flooring for preschools, to potato sack races!