- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Marvellous markets for Christmas on Sligo Food Tra...
- Adare Manor Sommelier Chosen For New Zealand Sommi...
- A Celebration of Spiced Beef in Cork Cafés
- BARRY AND FITZWILLIAM ANNOUNCE IRISH DISTRIBUTION ...
- Pudding for Christmas – from Kelly’s of course
- Killian Crowley is S.Pellegrino Young Chef 2018
- Franciscan Well Christmas Experience
- The Mescan Menu at The Tavern Murrisk
- Go Full Irish for Charity
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Adare Manor Sommelier Chosen For New Zealand Sommits™
New Zealand Winegrowers Sommelier Scholarship recipients announced
New Zealand Winegrowers has today announced the names of eight successful sommeliers from the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe chosen to participate in the 2018 New Zealand Winegrowers International Sommelier Scholarship.
First launched in 2015 with a scholarship for Australian sommeliers, the programme is now a global initiative with the European sommeliers joining scholars from Australia, Asia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA.
Each scholarship recipient attends a Sommit™ event, which is limited to just 20 sommeliers with content targeted exclusively to their interests. Next year’s Sommits™ will take place in Nelson and Central Otago, two of New Zealand’s top winemaking regions.
Hosted by Master Sommelier Cameron Douglas and Master of Wine Stephen Wong, the events are a celebration of the lesser known aspects of New Zealand wine, with emphasis on the facets that resonate with the sommelier community.
“In this the second year of running the scholarship programme in Europe, we received a huge number of high quality applicants from across the continent. The chosen sommeliers stood out as being extremely passionate and eager to immerse themselves in the world of New Zealand wine,” commented Chris Stroud, Marketing Manager Europe, New Zealand Winegrowers.
“Our objective is that these sommeliers will become true ambassadors for New Zealand wine, sharing personal wine discoveries and insights from their trips with restaurant guests and the wider sommelier community.”
The successful sommeliers are:
Marc Almert – Baur au Lac, Zurich, Switzerland
James Devereux – Manchester House, Manchester, UK
Jurica Gojevic – Adare Manor, Limerick, Ireland
Stefan Kobald – Social Company, London, UK
Fredrik Lindfors – Grand Hotel Stockholm, Sweden
Andrea Martinisi – Hotel Terravina, Hampshire, UK
Lendl Mijnhijmer – Hotel 27, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Glen Montgomery – Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh, UK