- Trio Of Top Chefs Celebrate Cork Produce
- The Good Value Wine List
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Franciscan Well Hosts Spirits Fest On Good Friday
- Exploding Tree launches Cocoa Husk Tea. An energiz...
- Breakfast cereal, flour, bread and more - Oats!
- Airfield: Fish. Fire and Grill.
- It’s the Year of the Dog – at The Draft House, Str...
- Fourcorners Begins Distribution Partnership with W...
- Celebrate at Glenlo Abbey Hotel
- Market Lane Group's new 'Chef Session' Pops Up on ...
- Slow Food East Cork. Coming: Prof Ted Dinan; Bronw...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Easter at The K Club. Eggs. And Golf!
- Georgina Campbell’s Ireland - The Best of the Best
- Blog Policy
ALCHEMY OF FOOD AND THE SCIENCE OF FLAVOUR EXPLORED AT CORK SCIENCE FESTIVAL
THE ALCHEMY OF FOOD AND THE SCIENCE OF FLAVOUR EXPLORED AT CORK SCIENCE FESTIVAL
Greene’s Restaurant and Cask Bar Partner with Cork Science Festival on unique Alchemy of Food Tasting Menu & Talk
Transforming raw ingredients to sumptuous, flavoursome dishes is not just an art, but also a science! Renowned Executive Head Chef at Greene’s Restaurant and Cask Bar, Bryan McCarthy, has teamed up with Cork Science Festival to create a unique tasting menu to bring to light the incredible alchemy of food and science of flavour. This extraordinary dining experience takes place on from at Cask Bar on and Greene’s Restaurant on MacCurtain Street, Cork.
Preparing diners’ palettes for the 5 course tasting menu, internationally renowned mixologist and acclaimed bar manager at Cask, Andy Ferreira will share his insights on the science of cocktail making. He will show how creativity combined with scientific techniques using aroma, temperature, taste, texture and colour all work together to create the ultimate drink for every occasion.
Moving to Greene’s Restaurant, diners will begin a journey of exploration through a world of culinary science over a number of specially created courses. From Maillard reactions to caramelization, gelification to fermentation, Bryan McCarthy will gently bring diners through the scientific processes that he uses to create the ultimate dishes and flavours in his kitchen. As well as the science of flavour, Bryan will talk about food pairing and techniques of food alchemy that bring out flavours when combined that are otherwise masked to our tastes and senses.
The Alchemy of Food :
Senses & Science will be a truly special event, whether you just love food or love science, whether you love both and particularly if you enjoy a one-of-a-kind, enlightening dining experience that will make you think twice about the science and genius of wonderful food.
The Alchemy of Food event takes place on Wednesday, 15 November at 7pm and tickets cost €75 per person. Places will be limited so please visit https://www.corksciencefestival.ie/copy-of-alchemy-of-food-science-sc for more information and registration.