- “Tum Ease” is Listowel Judges’ Cup of Tea
- Cork & Kerry Agree Local Produce is Better
- Barnabrow Gourmet Evening. Always a Special One!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Quinola Mothergrain News. Includes 5 quinoa recipe...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Afternoon Tea event at Hayfield Manor with Cantate...
- An indulgent evening with 8 Sligo Food Trail chef...
- The Wild Honey Inn gets Michelin Star!
- Over €6000 was raised for 2 charities in Griffins 5th Annual Charity Cycle
- Persia to West Cork via Galway's Mitzi’s Mezze
- How CIT's Department of Tourism & Hospitality is r...
- KeepCup. Keep Reusing. October is the Month to sta...
- World BBQ is coming to Limerick Town
- Sligo's Gala Harvest Feast
- Cliff Townhouse Oyster Fest takes place from 7th –...
- Griffins to reduce environmental Footprint with Ne...
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
An indulgent evening with 8 Sligo Food Trail chefs
Harvest Feast – an indulgent evening
with 8 Sligo Food Trail chefs
No self respecting food lover should miss this remarkable gastronomic celebration bringing together the talents of no less than eight of the most talented chefs from around the county. It’s the gala Harvest Feast from Sligo Food Trail consisting of a sumptuous nine course tasting menu celebrating local produce and local skills. The Harvest Feast takes place on Friday 13th October at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa. Book your tickets now before they’re all gone.
The chefs read like a gourmet Who’s Who of Sligo. Add to them some of the best producers in the northwest and you begin to see why this evening is something quite extraordinary.
The evening begins at 7pm with a drinks reception, but nothing is as it seems on this very special night. The reception includes craft beers from local breweries White Hag and Lough Gill as well as iconic gins from the Draft House Gastro Pub and Thomas Connollys and some bubbly Prosecco from Febvre. The accompanying canapés are a delicious selection from Coopershill House, Hardagons Pub, Osta Café, WB’s Coffee House and Sushi Sisters. And that’s before the Harvest Feast proper even begins! This very special event also includes live music and some surprise guest entertainment.
We can’t convince the chefs to share the secrets of the menu, but they assure us that it will be a cornucopia of all that’s good in Sligo cuisine. Here are the super chefs responsible for the Sligo Food Trail Harvest Feast:
Joe Shannon (Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa)
Well known TV3 personality chef who has cooked for all kinds of personalities including Hillary Clinton.
Alan Fitzmaurice (The Glasshouse)
A dedicated forager who loves to take classical dishes and add his own contemporary twist.
Marcin Szczodrowski (Eala Bhán Restaurant)
Talented Polish born chef with a penchant for classical French cuisine. Marcin revels in working with the top quality ingredients in the northwest.
Lee Mastin (The Draft House Gastro Pub)
Originally from England, Lee’s CV includes a stint with Michelin starred celebrity chef Gary Rhodes.
Paul Monaghan (FEED Café & Restaurant)
His passion for food led to a career change. His training included stages in the best of kitchens including Neven Maguire, JP MacMahon and Paul Flynn.
Fabio Boni (Fabio’s Ice Cream)
The epitome of the Italian gelato maker; Fabio is from Florence and began his ice cream apprenticeship as a teenager.
Eva Hourihan (Andersons Grill & Bar)
An exciting young chef who has experience in Canada and Australia – and also has a year as a butcher’s apprecentice under her belt.
Marc Gabbidon (The Embassy Restaurant)
An exotic Caribbean and American background gives Marc a different outlook on cooking.
Sligo has a rich heritage of fresh seasonal organic and local produce. This certainly comes to the forefront in this amazing experience created by the Sligo Food Trail, situated on the Wild Atlantic Way and known for its fresh wild shell fish, you are spoiled for choice.
The dress code is smart casual. To reserve your ticket please email email@example.com or call Anthony Gray, Eala Bhán Restaurant 087-9028845/ Aisling Kelly WB’s Café 087-9757475 / Nicholas Ryan, The Draft House Gastro 071-9122222 www.sligofoodtrail.ie #SligoFoodTrail