- A Simply Better Christmas
- Dress up Fancy for Saturday's Killavullen Farmers ...
- Cork’s Cask Bar and Greenes Restaurant Win Top Awa...
- West Cork Underwater Search & Rescue Fundraising G...
- Iconic Ha’penny Bridge inspires new handcrafted small-batch spirits range
- Granny Griffin Wins at Blas na hEireann 2018 In Di...
- Gold for Horgans at Blas Na hEireann
- Blas na hÉireann 2018 winners announced - 53 from ...
- GRAHAM’S winniGN WAYS WITH WOMEN
- City Hall Heats Up for 10th Annual Cork and Kerry ...
- FALLING FOR US- AUTUMN AT LYRATH ESTATE
- 'Cork Ale Trail Oktoberfest'
- Mellow Fruitfulness at Cahernane House Hotel
- Cork Cheese Week Latest
- FYFFES CELEBRATES 130 YEARS
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Cork Food Policy Council Presents Cork Food Harvest Festival 2018
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Blog Policy
The BIG Eggsellent Breakfast
Launch of The BIG Eggsellent Breakfast....it's gonna be a BIG one!
When & Where:, West Cork Hotel Skibbereen
(please note: this is a date change from the official A Taste of West Cork Food Festival programme)
The BIG Eggsellent Breakfast - tackling child obesity for a healthier future
Leading on from the success of Eggsellent Breakfasts Initiative, Flavour.ie, West Cork Eggs & Alison Health are gearing up for their BIGGEST breakfast yet!
Child obesity in Ireland is at epidemic levels with 1 in 10 children classified as obese. Processed sugars often hidden in foods children consume has proved to be one of the major causes. Long term obesity is linked with the development in later life of Type 2 diabetes, heart disease and digestive issues. But making a difference is as easy as changing just one thing, like choosing EGGS: a quick, versatile, accessible and affordable naturally complete whole food.
Since launching Eggsellent Breakfasts in May 2017, Kate Ryan of Flavour.ie, Caroline Murphy of West Cork Eggs and Alison Kingston of Alison Health have reached 1,500 children in schools across West Cork to encourage choosing a delicious and nutritionally balanced breakfast a few mornings a week using EGGS!
Kate Ryan of Flavour.ie said, “The response to our Eggsellent Breakfasts initiative at schools across the West Cork region has been phenomenal! Children love it and we receive amazing feedback from the schools we visit. We cut away the confusion around making healthier food choices so it’s easier for children to eat a balance and nutritious breakfast every day. By focusing only on eggs, the message is clear: an egg contains everything their body needs - protein, good fats and 13 different vitamins and minerals.”
Caroline Murphy (pictured) of West Cork Eggs said, “As a mother of four, it’s very important for me that my children eat well. I believe that Eggsellent Breakfasts is a fun and interactive way to educate children about the importance of eating a healthy balanced breakfast.”
Alison Kingston of Alison Health said, “Children are so busy growing, learning and taking part in sports and after school activities it is essential that they start their day right. Eggs are natures wholefood and a versatile, accessible and value for money source of natural wholesome food – in a word, Eggsellent!”
Join us for a morning of fun interactive talks, a cookery demo; a visit from Helen the Hen and enjoy a balanced, nutritious breakfast with us. Take away a goodie bag containing a box of fresh West Cork Eggs, our special Eggsellent Breakfast recipe booklet and lots of other goodies too! Plus be in with a chance to WIN an Eggsellent Hamper!
Breakfast includes: a short stack of our signature American Style Pancakes with Blueberries and Honey, fresh fruit, nuts, fruit juice, water, tea and coffee.
TICKETING: We recommend booking securely online as only a limited number of on-the-day tickets will be available.
Per person: €10 ¦ Family Ticket for 4: €35 (save €5) ¦ Family Ticket for 5: €40 (save €10)