- Dockland now open on Lapp’s Quay
- Willy Wonka Booze Factory ages 94-point whiskey in...
- “Tum Ease” is Listowel Judges’ Cup of Tea
- Cork & Kerry Agree Local Produce is Better
- Barnabrow Gourmet Evening. Always a Special One!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Quinola Mothergrain News. Includes 5 quinoa recipe...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Afternoon Tea event at Hayfield Manor with Cantate...
- An indulgent evening with 8 Sligo Food Trail chef...
- The Wild Honey Inn gets Michelin Star!
- Over €6000 was raised for 2 charities in Griffins 5th Annual Charity Cycle
- KeepCup. Keep Reusing. October is the Month to sta...
- World BBQ is coming to Limerick Town
- Sligo's Gala Harvest Feast
- Cliff Townhouse Oyster Fest takes place from 7th –...
- Griffins to reduce environmental Footprint with Ne...
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Ireland’s first branded Irish cream liqueur launched
Ireland’s largest ice cream producer launches first branded Irish cream liqueur
Cremōr Irish Cream is made in Cork using locally-sourced ingredients
The Avondhu Liqueur Company has just announced the launch of Cremōr Irish Cream Liqueur, an exciting new entry into the international drinks market. Unlike other cream liqueurs, the unique composition of the Irish-made Cremōr allows it to easily float on any liquid, hot or cold, that is denser than water.
The premium liqueur is made with cream delivered daily from the famed dairy pastures of Cork’s Golden Vale, and locally-sourced Irish whiskey. Cremōr is stocked in selected SuperValu and Centra stores nationwide, at €19.99 (RRP), with plans to roll out into the general retail and on-trade in the first half of 2017.
Cremōr is produced in Fermoy, Co. Cork by the Avondhu Liqueur Company, a sister company to the second-generation family-owned, award-winning Silver Pail Dairy, Ireland’s largest ice cream producer. This will be the first branded retail product for the company.
The product’s signature settle means that cocktails, such as espresso martinis and Irish coffee, can now easily be made at home, by simply floating a layer of Cremōr on top.
Commenting on the launch, Seán Hanifin, Sales Director of the Avondhu Liqueur Company, said: “Cremōr is one of the most versatile introductions to the cream liqueur category. There has been a growing trend among consumers, both in Ireland and abroad, for a more sophisticated in-home drinking experience. Cremōr’s innovative composition, a patented family secret, means that it is the only cream liqueur that can be easily floated on top of everything from amaretto to coffee.
“This allows everyone, no matter their ability, to create the perfect cocktail, dessert or Irish coffee, every time, from the comfort of their own home.”
There are currently two flavours – The Original which showcases the classic Irish cream flavours of whiskey and cream, with a hint of white chocolate; and the subtle sweetly-spiced warmth of Gingerbread. The flavour expertise and technical knowledge gained from producing high quality ice cream will pave the way for the introduction of additional Cremōr varieties in the future.
Thea Murphy, Managing Director of Silver Pail Dairy, added: “Creating a modern cream liqueur that also tastes great has been a passion project of ours for many years. Our 40 years’ experience creating cream liqueurs for other leading international brands led us to identify a gap in the market for an adaptable, luxury product, that meets the needs of both consumers and bartenders.”
Founded by dairy scientist, Michael Murphy, Silver Pail Dairy have been creating ice-cream since 1978. The cream-based liqueur category was valued at $1.02bn in 2015 by Mintel. This is expected to reach $1.04bn by 2020.