- Kelly’s Puddings go ‘All Ireland’ with Lidl
- Catalan Theme at next Market Lane Chef Sessions
- CHEF’S TABLE - SEASONS 5 & 6
- Franciscan Well wins Best Tourist Bar in Ireland
- Waterford Harvest Festival brings taste-bud tingling, foodie fun to the city
- Cliff House Hotel to host Harty’s Oyster Tour & Su...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Dunnes Stores Simply Better Collection wins ‘Own Label Brand of the Year’ at the Food & Drink Business Awards 2018
- Market Lane Group Helps Keep Youth Rowing Programme Afloat
- 2018 A Taste of West Cork Food Festival has lift-off!
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- DERRY CLARKE & GARY O’HANLON TO HEADLINE STRANDHI...
- Waterford Harvest Festival A family-fun, festive ...
- Brownes - The Bar at Great Southern Killarney - wi...
- World's Best for Eight Degrees Brewing's Howling G...
- Blog Policy
Gold Medal for Dunnes Stores Simply Better Collection at the 2018 World Steak Challenge
press releaseGold Medal for Dunnes Stores Simply Better Collection at the
2018 World Steak Challenge
Ireland once again was recognised for producing world class beef at the World Steak Challenge which saw 22 countries participating in these renowned awards. Dunnes Stores Simply Better Irish Angus Steaks took home three major awards at the event in London yesterday evening. The Simply Better 28 Day Matured Irish Angus Rib Eye Steak (above) picked up the prestigious Gold and Silver awards, with the Simply Better 14 Day Matured Irish Angus Fillet Steak honoured with a Bronze award. This is the fourth consecutive year for Simply Better Steaks to be recognised at the World Steak Challenge.
The Simply Better Collection is one of the most successful food brands in Ireland with over 320 national and international awards since it was established in 2013, which is the most awards for any Irish food brand. Last night’s success brings the number of awards for the Simply Better Irish Angus Beef range to over 15, with previous awards received at The Guild of Fine Food’s Great Taste Awards, the Irish Quality Food Awards, Blas na hEireann and PLMA’s Salute to Excellence Awards.
The World Steak Challenge judging panel was made up of international industry experts including top butchers, food journalists and meat scientists. Each steak was given a score based on its appearance, aroma, colour, marbling and consistency of fat trim, with the Gold winners progressing to the next stage where the meat was judged after being cooked to an exact temperature and specification by expert chefs.
Diarmuid Murphy, Simply Better Brand Manager, said, “We are absolutely thrilled that our Simply Better Irish Angus Steaks have been named some of the world’s best steaks. We are proud to source our Irish Angus Beef from Jennings in Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo, and it comes only from Bord Bia Approved Quality Assured Irish Farms. Our dedicated team of butchers in Tendermeats carefully select and mature our beef to ensure it always delivers on flavour, and this recognition from the World Steak Challenge is a testimony to our commitment to sourcing only the best Irish Angus Beef for our customers.”
All of the Award Winning Products which are part of the Simply Better Collection are available in selected Dunnes Stores nationwide. For more information on the Dunnes Stores Simply Better Collection visit www.dunnesstores.com or on social media - @simplybetterds.