- Kelly’s Puddings go ‘All Ireland’ with Lidl
- Catalan Theme at next Market Lane Chef Sessions
- CHEF’S TABLE - SEASONS 5 & 6
- Franciscan Well wins Best Tourist Bar in Ireland
- Waterford Harvest Festival brings taste-bud tingling, foodie fun to the city
- Cliff House Hotel to host Harty’s Oyster Tour & Su...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Dunnes Stores Simply Better Collection wins ‘Own Label Brand of the Year’ at the Food & Drink Business Awards 2018
- Market Lane Group Helps Keep Youth Rowing Programme Afloat
- 2018 A Taste of West Cork Food Festival has lift-off!
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- DERRY CLARKE & GARY O’HANLON TO HEADLINE STRANDHI...
- Waterford Harvest Festival A family-fun, festive ...
- Brownes - The Bar at Great Southern Killarney - wi...
- World's Best for Eight Degrees Brewing's Howling G...
- Blog Policy
Giant 13lb Jägermeister Gelato Sundae created to launch Ireland’s Most Delicious Festival
Giant 13lb Jägermeister Gelato Sundae created to launch
Ireland’s Most Delicious Festival #DessertFSTVL,
Calling all dessert-lovers, this summer Ireland will be celebrating all things sweet with #DessertFSTVL, Ireland’s first ever national dessert festival. From the country will go dessert-mad with venues nationwide pulling out all the stops to bring the most mouthwatering event to hit this country.
To launch the festival Cork’s Casanova Gelato created a 13lb Jägermeister gelato sundae, made with tropical fruit punch and decorated with deep fried plums and mini bottles of the ultra-boozy digestif.
Hundreds of venues across Ireland from bars, restaurants and cafés to doughnut shops, creperies and ice cream parlours will be participating in the week long festival where they will showcase their most delicious and indulgent sweet specialities and hold sugary, chocolatey events for everyone to enjoy.
Each venue can decide how they want to celebrate the glorious dessert - by organising pop-up events, tastings, workshops, “Man versus Food” challenges or simply creating their own unique dessert special to wow the public. The festival model has a track record in driving footfall and sales, as well as putting on a fantastic event for people across the country.
The dessert festival is run by FSTVLR, which connects festival lovers with businesses looking to host exciting food and drink events in their own premises. The FSTVLR team run themed festivals across Ireland, with their online site creating content designed to help the public discover and attend unique festivals and inspire them to join in the fun. Every FSTVLR story is an invitation to join an ever-evolving calendar of shindigs and social events, tailor-made to entice people of all ages and interests.
The creative and highly experienced team behind FSTVLR is made up hospitality business owners, event managers, journalists and designers, with a proven track record of creating, promoting and managing large scale successful festivals including BurgerFest, Oktoberfest Beag and FEAST.
Ernest Cantillon, FSTVLR CEO and owner of Cork hotspots Electric and Sober Lane, and one of the founders of the award winning Kinsale Gin said,“#DessertFSTVL is the perfect opportunity for businesses across the country to take part in exciting national festival. Instead of the standard festival model which takes people away from food and drink venues, the festival will take place in their own premise which will drive footfall for them, as well as putting on a great event for the public. We already have some amazing businesses signed up for #DessertFSTVL and can’t wait for what might be our most delicious festival yet!”
Businesses can take part in this event at a very low cost, which is tailored to their customers' interests. On-site, its quality content and beautiful imagery puts Irish businesses front and centre, engaging with and enticing readers to explore the fun events that are right on their doorstep.