- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Babies and Toddlers Welcome at Waterford Harvest Festival
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Franciscan Well descends on The Big Grill, with su...
- Exciting Harvest Dining on Waterford Festival Menu
- Coming Up: Murrisk Pattern & Oyster Festival
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- FEAST in THE EAST. Midleton’s Renowned Food Festiv...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Lunch at Nano Nagle Place
- Pearse Lyons Distillery at St. James, Dublin
- Go Off the Eaten Track in Co Limerick during Herit...
- Griffin's Open Late for World Youth Angling Championships
- Old Carrick Mill Discovers A French Connection!
- Bayview Hotel Launches ‘Banquet by the Bay’ Series...
- Blog Policy
'FOOD RESCUE' at BALLYVOLANE HOUSE
Castlelyons & Bridebridge Tidy Towns is teaming up with VOICE (Voice Of Irish Concern for the Environment) to host a 'Food Rescue' evening at Ballyvolane House on . It promises to be a fascinating and fun event and the purpose of the event is to highlight food waste currently running at over one million tonnes of waste a year in Ireland.
Guests will be served-up Bertha tipples in the gardens on arrival, which will be followed by a screening of a short film 'Just Eat It' (a film about a couple who survived on nothing but discarded food for 6 months) in the hay-barn. After the screening, a 2-course long-table dinner will be held in the dining terrace. We will be using ingredients supplied by Food Cloud which was set up to distribute surplus food from the multiple supermarket chains and large food producers to charities.
The run-down of the evening will be as follows:
Bertha's Revenge Gin welcome tipple in the gardens on arrival (in the barn if it's wet). :
: Screening of the film 'Just East It' in the hay-barn.
2-course dinner (using surplus food supplied by Food Cloud) served in the dining terrace. Selected beers, wines and soft drinks are included in the price. A pay bar will be available too. :
Price: €35 per person.
All proceeds in aid of Castlelyons National School Sensory Garden & Tidy Towns Projects.
Please note this is a ticketed event and tickets must be purchased in advance.An email confirmation will be sent to you and please ensure you present your ticket on entry to the event. Alternatively, tickets may be purchased directly from Ann Hegarty 087 7403616, Claire Quirke 087 7958000 or Virginia Cantillon 086 1282075. Places are limited and we would urge you to book early to avoid disappointment.
We are delighted to be supporting this event as food waste is a major global issue and a topic that is very close to our hearts!