- Kelly’s Puddings go ‘All Ireland’ with Lidl
- Catalan Theme at next Market Lane Chef Sessions
- CHEF’S TABLE - SEASONS 5 & 6
- Franciscan Well wins Best Tourist Bar in Ireland
- Waterford Harvest Festival brings taste-bud tingling, foodie fun to the city
- Cliff House Hotel to host Harty’s Oyster Tour & Su...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Dunnes Stores Simply Better Collection wins ‘Own Label Brand of the Year’ at the Food & Drink Business Awards 2018
- Market Lane Group Helps Keep Youth Rowing Programme Afloat
- 2018 A Taste of West Cork Food Festival has lift-off!
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- DERRY CLARKE & GARY O’HANLON TO HEADLINE STRANDHI...
- Waterford Harvest Festival A family-fun, festive ...
- Brownes - The Bar at Great Southern Killarney - wi...
- World's Best for Eight Degrees Brewing's Howling G...
- Blog Policy
Dunnes Stores Awarded Irish Quality Food Retailer 2017
Dunnes Stores Beats them All
Awarded Irish Quality Food Retailer of the Year
At the Irish Quality Food & Drinks Awards 2017
On Thursday 26th October, it was announced that Dunnes Stores were awarded the overall prize of “The Irish Quality Food Retailer of the Year” at the Irish Quality Food & Drinks Awards (IQFA) 2017, which were held at The Clayton Hotel, Dublin. This special accolade acknowledges and highlights a particular retailer’s exceptional performance and the outstanding standard of entries in 2017, with a unique trophy being awarded in recognition of this fact.
This is the second year in a row that Dunnes Stores have been awarded this fiercely contested award with a specific scoring system that is carefully weighted objectively with points for wins, highly commended, commended and shortlisted products. In total Dunnes Stores collected 100 Awards and Commendations on the night, including 54 for its premium collection Simply Better, which has now won more awards than any other food brand in Ireland.
The Irish Quality Food and Drink Awards were launched in 2013 for the retail sector and are unique in that they reward great tasting products, with the best flavours, textures and aromas. Each year the awards demonstrate the capacity of retailers and manufacturers to create marvellous new products.
James Wilson, Food Director at Dunnes Stores who was present with his team to accept the Award stated “We are proud to have received the most prestigious overall Award for the second year in a row and more awards than any other retailer as it reflects some of the fantastic work that our teams do each and every day for our customers. While we will always have a clear focus on better value, we are also working tirelessly to bring better choice, better quality and new products to our customers all of the time.”
The Award celebrates the collective of Awards we received and in turn celebrates the hard work and dedication of all the teams and suppliers who are responsible for creating these products and bringing them to our customers. Together with our wonderful suppliers, many of whom have been working with us for decades, we are always striving to offer our customers better value, which in our minds means better quality, better choice and new products at fair and affordable prices.”
Speaking about food in Ireland James went on to say “Food is at the heart of every home and at Dunnes Stores we try to play our part at making this a great experience. In Ireland we are lucky that we not only appreciate great food but that we also have so many great food producers. Awards showcases all of the great work that is being done in Ireland with food and we are proud that our team has been recognised for playing such an important role.”
For further information on Dunnes Stores visit www.dunnes-stores.ie.