- Meat | Fish | Smoke & Fire
- FYFFES COMMITMENT TO FAIRTRADE RECOGNISED
- Estrella Damm to Continue Partnership with Food On...
- Revamp unveiled of well-known Kinsale restaurant ...
- Carl D’Alton From Cask Wins World Class Irish Bart...
- 420 GUESTS TO DINE OUTDOORS FOR CORK’S LONG TABLE...
- Renowned London Cocktail Bar Callooh Callay To Pop Up in Cork; One Night Only
- SuperValu Unveils Its New Summer Wine Range. With ...
- UK’S BEST PIZZA CHEF, DAVIDE D’AURIA, TO HOST A MA...
- 100,000 Footfall Boost Expected for Newbridge Silverware with Launch of Factory Tour
- Freshii Goes Greener: Compostable Packaging, Cutl...
- Archway Lager launched by Franciscan Well
- Summer Season In Cask Cocktail Bar In Cork Kicks O...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Mescan Brewery Tours - New for Summer 2018
- Cork based TablePath puts you in control of your r...
- FIRST MARKET LANE SCHOLARSHIP HELPS STUDENT ON ROAD TO CULINARY SUCCESS
- ‘Our Table’ pop up event promises a fusion of flav...
- Beaujolais on Irish Tour!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Blog Policy
Clonakilty - Ireland’s Premier Foodie Town
Clonakilty - Ireland’s Premier Foodie Town
The beautiful and welcoming seaside town of Clonakilty has a reputation for firsts. The first Fair Trade town in Ireland; Ireland’s first EDEN destination of excellence; the first Cittaslow town in Ireland for celebrating the multiple benefits of slow living and slow food and recently voted the Greatest Town in Europe at the AOU Awards in London.
Now, the multi-award winning town on the south west coast of Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way is holding claim to being the hidden gem in Ireland’s foodie crown; and a collaborative project of the towns’ best food and creative people have produced an inspiring short film about its top class foodie credentials to prove it.
On Friday 17th February, Clonakilty Chamber of Commerce will be releasing the three-minute short film. The film captures the food experiences of Clonakilty and West Cork for local people and visitors to the town.
Chairperson of the Chamber of Commerce Cllr Christopher O'Sullivan says: “This is an inspiring film that will really open people’s eyes to the food culture, heritage and passion of the town. The video is a work of art, full of colour: colourful food, colourful buildings and colourful people. It beautifully showcases the fantastic food produce as well as the many great places to eat in Clonakilty and across West Cork for which we are becoming so famous in Ireland and across the world.”
The short film was produced by local media company Ambiguous Fiddle Media who share much grá for the town. Cllr O'Sullivan says “The team at Ambiguous Fiddle Media are local. They completely understand what Clonakilty is all about so we were able to give them total artistic licence. The results are extraordinary and we can’t wait to show it off, and that it will be well received.”
From Paella to Potatoes, and Sushi to Sausages, everything and anything is available in Clonakilty. The warm and welcoming nature of the town is the perfect location to fuse together fantastic local produce with cosy yet innovative restaurants to create mouth-watering culinary experiences for all who visit.
This is the home of long-standing brands such as Clonakilty Black Pudding; Shannonvale Chicken; Clóna Dairy and Irish Yoghurts. Alongside these, traditional craft food businesses that have been trading in the town for generations help to inform the new wave of artisans who are reinvigorating the town’s vibrant food movement. Producing everything from bean-to-bar chocolate to ice cream, bread and craft beer, there is nothing beyond the reach of Clonakilty’s passionate food producers. The famous Market brings everything together: food, people, music and community – a tradition stretching back in the town for over 400 years. With credentials such as this, it is easy to see how Clonakilty can confidently claim to be Ireland’s Secret Food Destination and the food capital of West Cork.
The video will be released on the Clonakilty Chamber of Commerce Facebook page Friday 17thFebruary. But as the old saying goes “the proof of the pudding is in the eating” so why not find out for yourself and visit Clonakilty. Keep an eye out for the video also on Facebook page “I Love Clonakilty” and the Twitter handle @clonchamber.