- Food Unwrapped. Food Packaging - it’s effect on p...
- Archway Lager team up with Eatyard to create weekend of great music, great food and great lager
- Teeling Whiskey Announces Details of July’s ‘Dubli...
- 1500 Australians will arrive in Cobh on Friday, 27...
- "We bring the festival to you"
- 41 West Cork towns, villages and 8 islands collabo...
- PREM Group complete acquisition of the Aspect Hote...
- Giant 13lb Jägermeister Gelato Sundae created to l...
- Gold Medal for Dunnes Stores Simply Better Collect...
- 10th Annual Waterford Harvest Festival. Here are t...
- ‘Summer at the Brewery’ with Clonakilty Brewing Co...
- Graham Norton's Range is now sparkliGN!
- Franciscan Well Celebrates Women in Beer
- Irish luxury cream liqueur announces new national ...
- Clonakilty Fairtrade's 15th Anniversary Gala Dinne...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Revamp unveiled of well-known Kinsale restaurant ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Blog Policy
Cahernane House Hotel included in prestigious Condé Nast Johannsen’s Traveler guide
Cahernane House Hotel included
in prestigious Condé Nast Johannsen’s Traveler guide
The elegant Cahernane House Hotel in the heart of the Killarney National Park has been included in the Condé Nast Johansen’s list of destinations in Ireland to stay.
The stunning 4-star hotel, which is situated in a private, scenic setting just a short distance from the town centre of Killarney, is just one of seven hotels in Ireland that is on the list of luxury travel destinations put together by the esteemed Condé Nast guide experts. Cahernane House Hotel is in fine company, joining other internationally recognised hotels such as Ashford Castle in Mayo, The Westbury Hotel in Dublin and Castlemartyr Resort in county Cork on the prestigious list.
The Condé Nast review notes, “the homely character and attention to each resident’s comfort”, and that is certainly one of the overwhelming feelings each visitor gets as they make their way up the long private entrance to the hotel.
Due to its location which overlooks the Killarney National Park and the beautiful Lough Leane, Cahernane House Hotel is most beautifully positioned for the perfect private getaway. The addition of the hotel on the Condé Nast list will help to open the doors to the international market, with many overseas visitors to Ireland favouring trips that are off the beaten track.
Cahernane House Hotel has recently undergone an extensive €6.5 million renovation to completely reinvigorate the property, all of which has been overseen by the new owners of the hotel, the PREM Group, who acquired the business in 2016.
Work has been ongoing over the winter months and throughout the spring on extensive renovations to the historical property, and the hoteliers are extremely pleased with the results. The final phase of the refurbishment saw the total revamp of the Cellar Bar, which has re-invigorated the plush room into a homely and eclectic environment that feels as though it is steeped in history but is also fashionably modern.
The extensive renovation to the Garden Wing has now been completed, with all 26 rooms being entirely stripped, modernised, and refurbished. Each room offers something different however, with every bedroom having its own personality that is portrayed through the wallpaper, paintings, and ornaments.
Speaking after the inclusion on the Condé Nast list, Jim Murphy of the PREM Group, said;
“This is a really high mark of achievement to be named on the Condé Nast Johannsen’s list and it shows how much hard work can do to create a great hotel. We are aided by the wonderful location of Cahernane and the fact that we have so many amenities and attractions nearby, not least being on the Ring of Kerry.
“It gives everyone at the hotel a real sense of pride to be included in a list alongside some of the most internationally recognised hotels in Ireland, but I have no doubt that Cahernane firmly belongs there.”
“The work on the renovations over the last 18 months have been very substantial, but it has created a really beautiful and elegant hotel tucked away in a scenic location. We are confident that Cahernane House Hotel will continue to go from strength to strength, and we will be looking to target the international market on the back of our recent good news.”
For more information on Cahernane House Hotel or to make a booking see www.cahernane.com or call (064) 663 1895