- April Danann: Fermentation is Life!
- Munster Wine & Dine Reminder on upcoming events 2017
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- NEW YORKER FINE LAGER BEER
- Dublin's newest whiskey venture launched
- The First Food Academy Programme Of 2017
- Food safety: simpler rules proposed for small reta...
- Ireland’s first branded Irish cream liqueur launched
- Jonathan Keller crowned winner of the European Che...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
- Irish consumers look forward to World Pi(e) Day
Jamie Goode features in Beaujolais 2017 Irish campaign
Beaujolais Wines plans for second year Irish campaign to include seminars by Jamie Goode
Committed to developing the Irish market, the Beaujolais Trade council has confirmed a second year campaign for 2017 taking in trade tastings, masterclasses in Dublin and Cork and, for the sixth year, Taste of Dublin.
Well known wine expert, Jean Smullen, will continue to work on the campaign supported by UK based wine specialist marketing agency Westbury Communications. An open-pour tasting in Dublin on 29th June 2017 will showcase the 2016 vintage and feature a seminar hosted by expert Jamie Goode who visited the region in 2016 with the specific intention of studying Gamay.
Jean Bourjade, Managing Director of Inter Beaujolais, “Our activities are aimed at shedding light on the changes and innovations taking place in the region which make Beaujolais wines more relevant than ever to this market.”
Jean Smullen who has worked closely with Beaujolais for several years, said, “Judging by the response we received last year, there is a clear enthusiasm for Beaujolais wines in the trade. The lighter style of some of the wines, combined with competitive price points, mean that Beaujolais can develop a significant place in this market. We hope to also be able to reach the wine curious consumer.”
All agents and merchants who import wines from Beaujolais are encouraged to contact Westbury Communications to ensure their wines are included in the campaign.