Beaujolais trade tasting comes back to Dublin for the second year
Hilton Hotel, 29th June, 11am – 6pm
For the second year, Inter Beaujolais is hosting a trade and press tasting in Dublin. Around 145 wines from 67 wine growers, as well as Beaujolais AOC and Beaujolais-Villages AOC and 10 Crus, will be shown at the Hilton Hotel on June 29th.
The tasting will feature a number of themes:
The 2016 vintage; an elegant and charming vintage
The 10 Crus; highlights of the variations within each Cru
Beaujolais & Beaujolais-Villages; reflection of a lighter style of Beaujolais at accessible price points
Biodynamic, Natural, Sustainable and Organic wines; growing in popularity among winemakers
White & Rosé; making up only 2% of production in the region
Old Vintages; proof that Gamay has ageing potential
The tasting will also include a masterclass, hosted by Jamie Goode. He will be exploring soil variations in Beaujolais, showing the results of the Sicarex initiative started eight years ago that involved drilling 11 000 holes and 800 trenches in order to further comprehend the climats of Beaujolais and how these affect the resulting wines.
Wine expert, Jamie Goode, comments, “Beaujolais is a region whose time has come. A new generation of winegrowers is now making the most of the excellent terroirs in the region, and Gamay is proving to be a great variety to act as a lens for interpreting these soil differences.”
Jean Bourjade, Managing Director of Inter Beaujolais, will be on hand to talk about recent developments in the region and what the future holds for Beaujolais on the Irish market.
For more information contact Jean Smullen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Babies and Toddlers Welcome at Waterford Harvest Festival
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Franciscan Well descends on The Big Grill, with su...
- Exciting Harvest Dining on Waterford Festival Menu
- Coming Up: Murrisk Pattern & Oyster Festival
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- FEAST in THE EAST. Midleton’s Renowned Food Festiv...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Lunch at Nano Nagle Place
- Pearse Lyons Distillery at St. James, Dublin
- Go Off the Eaten Track in Co Limerick during Herit...
- Griffin's Open Late for World Youth Angling Championships
- Old Carrick Mill Discovers A French Connection!
- Bayview Hotel Launches ‘Banquet by the Bay’ Series...
- Blog Policy