- World's Best for Eight Degrees Brewing's Howling G...
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Special Nights at Richy's for A Taste of West Cork
- O'Hara's to Steel the Show at Another Love Story 2...
- Cork's Only Bulb Day & World Honey Bee Day
- What’s on the menu at the Waterford Harvest Festiv...
- ROKU- Premium Japanese Craft Gin
- Ireland’s first Oyster Experience opens in Sligo t...
- 10th Annual Waterford Harvest Festival. Celebratin...
- India’s ancient soils and Europe’s modern winemake...
- The BIG Eggsellent Breakfast
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Friday, August 10, 2018
Emi’s daughter awakens her with a gentle squeeze..
‘Breakfast is ready,” YoonHui says.
Emi smells freshly brewed coffee, along with boiled rice and pan-fried white fish. Her stomach grumbles….
Her daughter has outdone herself. An array of dishes on small porcelain plates sits on the breakfast table next to two steaming bowls of rice.
‘You made my favourite banchan,’ Emi exclaims..
Yoonhui swallows and stare at her coffee mug.. and doesn’t look up when she speaks.
‘Were you a “comfort woman”?’ Silence falls between them like an invisible sheet.
from White Chrysanthemum by Mary Lynn Bracht (2018). Very Highly Recommended.